verizon 4G connection not working

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
rjenkins

Re: verizon 4G connection not working

#11 Post by rjenkins »

Hi guys,
just to fix a misconception: The CF-29, or Intel 220BG generally, works perfectly with WPA2. The only problems are if you do not have XP SP3, as earlier versions did not include WPA2 support in the wireless supplicant (MS Zero Config service).
If you do not want to use XP SP3, there is a hotfix for SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357
---

I've had the 'unable to connect' problem a few times on various machines, also where it says wireless is connected but does not get an IP address or says limited/no connectivity.

Some problems seem to cure themselves by turning wifi off & on a couple of times with the wireless switch utility on Toughbooks / hardware switch on my Vaios.

Others, where it never connects at all, seem to be where windows settings for the network are messed up somehow.
Deleting the connection profile and re-creating it from scratch generally works for this.

If you use the Windows connection setup rather than the Intel Proset manager, always set the network up manually & fix the security settings, as Windows network auto-detect is useless and pretty much guaranteed to fail.

In other words, ignore any popups that say a network has been detected. Go to the list of WiFi networks and type *everything* by hand.

Also, while adding the network, you need to untick the box that says something like 'the key is provided for me' prior to properly setting the security mode.
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

luebke5530

Re: verizon 4G connection not working

#12 Post by luebke5530 »

Tried setting it up manually many ways and no luck, I also made it an unsecured network to simplify connecting for now and still no luck. I used both ms Zero and Intel Proset with no luck. I am using XP SP3 and it connects to my home network which is WPA2 no prob. very confusing.

Thanks for the inputs, I attempt every suggestion :rolleyes: but nuthin has helped so far. I will keep trying.
-Steve

-1 CF-31ACNAA 1M-WIN 7 PRO, Intel Core i5 2.53 GHz w/ATI discrete graphics, 13.3" Touch XGA, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HYBRID HD, Intel 802.11a+b+g+n, TPM1.2, Bluetooth, GOBI 2k.
-2 CF-29NTQGZBM-Intel Pentium M 778 1.6GHzLv (Centrino),13.3" Touch XGA,1.5GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD,Intel 802.11a+b+g, WIN XP SP2, TPM1.2, CD +/-RW.
-1 CF-73XCVTSBM-Intel Pentium M-2.0GHz, 13.3" TOUCH, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB 5400 RPM HD, CD +/- RW DVD ROM, 56K/LAN, WIN XP PRO,
-1 CF-51JF2DCBM-Intel Pentium M 760 2.0GHz (Centrino), 15" UXGA, 2GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD, 128MB VRAM, 56K, 1Gb Ethernet, Intel 802.11a+b+g, Combo drive, WIN XP SP2, SmartCard.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”