CF-19MK3 with windows 7 recovery dvd

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
teo

CF-19MK3 with windows 7 recovery dvd

#1 Post by teo »

I loaded recently a windows 7 OS using recovery dvd into a CF-19MK3 toughbook and I was surprised that dang..thing need to be activated. I was given only three days. Is it the new practice now? :pat: What the heck!

teo

tomcat57

Re: CF-19MK3 with windows 7 recovery dvd

#2 Post by tomcat57 »

Usualy it was 30 days
I take it that its an older model and a W7 restore disk is not available so you had to load a regular w7 disk

teo

Re: CF-19MK3 with windows 7 recovery dvd

#3 Post by teo »

Update: I ended up installing win Xp by recovery dvd( thanks Blair!) downloaded from this site. It works perfectly without any problem. I wonder why in a hell this Mbo. that I bought from ebay with model no CF-19KDRSXGM has only one slot of RAM module which usually two. I found out that the place where the second slot position is a place for builtin camera. Now! I am looking a 4gig single stick DDR2 ram. Also just to let everybody know that the mbo. was designed for a dual touch screen but I installed my complete panel from MK3 touch model which uses led backlighting. Its awesome and the sreen is so bright like you are facing on an LED flashlight on full brightness. Half brightness is more than enough.

teo

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”