changes between mark of cf-19

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
teo

changes between mark of cf-19

#1 Post by teo »

I bought a CF-19MK3 unit for parts thinking that I can use it to replace the whole casing and LCD panel of my beloved CF-19MK1 model on which I have proven a reliable unit when I travel a month ago and it needs a major make over to serve me well in the near future. But I soon I open the box I relialized that it is different animal. The whole LCD casins has a major changes. The base has been reinforce a bit bump of a bump out and all the screws are bigger than the other model(MK1,MK2). The top hat plastic covering also has changes. The screws on both end was then trnsfer to the top instead of four on itside it is now two at the top. The picture are included see for yourself. This unit is not working. When I open it I think somebody are trying to upgrade the ram and damage the battery cable connector on Mbo. and the plastic dim holder with the switch for wireless is missing. When I hook it up to AC of course with Ram, the brightness LED light is blinking and when I push the button it does nothing. I know it got something to do with the onboard power circuitry and I am trying to find out if there is mark for burn or blown area but I can't find it. I know that it must be one of its IC but I have no way of testing those IC's. I have no schematic for cf-19MK3 and it is has a big different from MK1 and MK2. I am walking on the dark here on troubleshooting the problem. Has anybody here has an schematic for CF19MK3 or idea and Yes! all fuses are fine.

teo

PS. The LCD also uses an LED backlight and the LCD harness is way way different from MK1 and MK2. I've tried it to hook up the backlighting cable to see if it gonna ligt up on my unit but no light no nothing it must be rewire. Th lcd wire connector is bit shorter than MK1 and MK2 unit. Thats why is has a major changes.
Attachments
2010 new yr 1157.jpg
2010 new yr 1157.jpg (161.06 KiB) Viewed 10012 times
CF19MK3
CF19MK3
2010 new yr 1159.jpg (188.67 KiB) Viewed 10012 times

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: changes between mark of cf-19

#2 Post by toughasnails »

Teo, If you need a MK3 service manual for the CF-19K here is a link to one http://tim.id.au/laptops/panasonic/ Still looking for the schematic .
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

tomcat57

#3 Post by tomcat57 »

Teo

Is that one of those Led backlit type and both digitizer and touchsceen ?

teo

#4 Post by teo »

Yes! it has a Led backlight and only touchscreen model CF-19KH but when I open the LCD case it has a provision(extra wires with connector) and I've guess it is for digitizer panel. I will dig up more inside of it.

teo

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#5 Post by Rob »

tomcat57 wrote:Teo

Is that one of those Led backlit type and both digitizer and touchsceen ?
Alex, I just fixed a gateway B130 tablet and it had dual touch. It's badass!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

teo

#6 Post by teo »

update: the control PCB board that controls the switch, touchpad, brightness, software keyboard and others also diferent from MK1 and 2. I found it by introducing the MK2 motherboard that I had that thinking it may works on it but not. What a day. I dismantled two unit and now I have to put it back again to its place. :pat:

teo

tomcat57

#7 Post by tomcat57 »

You don't know for sure without trying
We were spoiled with the cf-29's as most parts changed over

teo

#8 Post by teo »

I really need an schematic for CF-19KM3 model as I know I can fixed the problem on its motherboard. Anybody here keeping those schematic specially the power supply schematic diagram. Anybody!

teo

teo

#9 Post by teo »

Ok! I almost done on transfering my MK2 motherboard to the the MK3 housing. Everything are almost perfect but I have a problem on LED backlight(without schematic to follow). The lcd is working fine I can see the picture but no backlight. I tried to replace the Led by a regular CCFL tube but its imposible coz there no space for it. So, I place it back again to the original condition. Now! here is the problem., the input connector of the LED backlight inverter has ten pin and nine of those are used and the output pin are four for LED backlight but my cable has only five from MK2, no problem on that coz I know there pin designation. The thing is I dont' have pin out schematic of the LED inverter. Do somebody knows about it? Idea!...

teo

tomcat57

#10 Post by tomcat57 »

I pm/ed one of the techs
Worst thing he can say is no
And then I will PM the other

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”