Restore disks for CF-18 mark 1 with tablet PC operating sys

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
mklym

Re: Restore disks for CF-18 mark 1 with tablet PC operating sys

#21 Post by mklym »

That is good news Leo.

When I run a search on the VID and PID numbers, the results say it is a ALPS Bluetooth. That is for VID_044E&PID_3001. Note the "E" after 044. I have not found any results for VID_044 #no "E".

VID_044E is the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. Do you have anything that is Bluetooth plugged in?

Post the full model number of your CF-18 please. Thanks.

Ya, I have an mSATA ssd in my CF-29Mk4 and it runs great I am using MXLinux as an OS. Download the 32bit version and make a live usb stick (info is on the web site) then boot off that and see what works.

https://mxlinux.org/download-links/

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/system/create- ... s-desktop/

https://mxlinux.org/blog/do-cool-stuff-with-live-usbs/
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

leoroberts343

#22 Post by leoroberts343 »

ahh Fab thank you, I think I have that driver somewhere, I'll try and dig it up. I've merged two different CF-18's together, the mobo is from CF-18BDAZXMM

Added a better wifi card Intel PROWireless 2915ABG LAN
extra 512mb of ram, cant recall the speed
I've added a Bluetooth module from another Toughbook and I have the drivers for it from what I could get off the drive.
I have the large PCB style touchscreen, I'm not sure what type this is, its currently not responding to anything though.
Thank you for the MXLinux, I'll have a loot at having a play with it.
CF-71 (MK?), CF-41 (MK3), CF-30, CF-28, CF-27, CF-25 (MK2), CF-18 (MK1), CF-07, CF-T8, CF-U1, CF-H1. SUN ultra enterprise E450 :pbjt:

mklym

#23 Post by mklym »

Did you find the bluetooth drivers? If not, I found one in a folder CF-18Mk1/utl2/drivers/bluet. I have uploaded the bluet folder to dropbox uncompressed. Download, copy to the /utl2/drivers folder on your CF-18 ssd and click on setup.exe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qg50xenq773q ... xcnva?dl=0

Not sure what you are referring to when you said 'large PCB touchscreen...'. That is in addition to the screen on the 18, or is that gone and you have an external screen that has touch capabilities? And that would be why you did the board transplant, to get the serial port for the touch on the external screen? Or have I been inhaling way too much fresh air and have started hallucinating? :pat:

Hope you enjoy MX.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

leoroberts343

#24 Post by leoroberts343 »

Hi
thank you! I'll install it and see if this fixes it.

I replaced the screen in my unit with one from dead mobo CF-18 with a similar processor, the screen had a large thin green PCB on the back of the screen panel, it had an additional PCB which fits into the plastic moulding that holds the backlight inverter.

I'll send some pictures when I get a chance.
CF-71 (MK?), CF-41 (MK3), CF-30, CF-28, CF-27, CF-25 (MK2), CF-18 (MK1), CF-07, CF-T8, CF-U1, CF-H1. SUN ultra enterprise E450 :pbjt:

leoroberts343

#25 Post by leoroberts343 »

Hi, sorry for the late update

Driver issue is sorted, it was indeed the Alps Bluetooth module, installed the driver and device manager is happy. thank you MX

Originally for the CF-18B (900mhz Pentium M) (Mk1) the rear serial port would have been used internally for the digitiser, hence why the port is covered up, if I wanted to use the port externally I would have to change the port in a custom bios, so ill leave that be.

When I replaced the screen I also replaced the digitiser with a touchscreen. Windows XP pro was able to see the panel in the device manager under 'mouse' and drivers are installed, however I'll need to install winXP tablet pc edition (I'm currently working on making a custom XP ISO for this) unfortunately the unofficial sp4 with the tablet pc components doesn't fix this even if slipstreamed.

once I've sorted everything out I'll make any drivers and what not available (Including for a range of Toughbook's)

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”