Addition of EM7455 into FZ-G1 without factory installed WWAN

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
monocle

Addition of EM7455 into FZ-G1 without factory installed WWAN

#1 Post by monocle »

Hello,

I am very new here this is my first post. I figured this would be the best place to ask my question:

I just got an FZ-G1, I am going to be installing an M.2 EM7455. When I had it apart I noticed that there's already some hardware (looks like an RF switch board) already screwed into what would hold the WWAN module down when installed.

My questions are what type of wires and connectors am I going to have to get, and where do they plug into?

Brief research leads me to believe that all FZ-G1's came out of the box with factory cellular and GPS antennas for the wwan card.

Thank you.

e: sorry about posting this in general, can an admin move the thread to the fz-g1 subforum?

natescott90

Re: Addition of EM7455 into FZ-G1 without factory installed WWAN

#2 Post by natescott90 »

Usually Panasonic is good about providing all the connectors and wiring to accommodate upgrades, such as the WWAN module you want to put in, they've shown that on the CF-19 series. Like the RF switch board you mentioned, it's there for upgrades or factory installed stuff. Pretty much every CF-19 out there has WWAN antennas and wiring included, regardless if it has WWAN capability from the factory or not. Unless it's a strange model, it'll have the antennas and the necessary wires to add the card in. The question is, did you make sure that the EM7455 will work with your G1? Panasonic is pretty picky about WWAN cards, it'd either have to be from Panasonic or pulled from one. The GPS antenna is a different story, it goes on top of the G1, an expansion bay of sorts. G1's can have a GPS antenna, MicroSD slot, additional USB port, LAN port in that spot if I remember right. It wouldn't have a GPS antenna there unless it has it, or had it as an upgrade/factory installed option. My G1 happens to have the antenna and GPS board installed on it.
:newbie:

FZ-G1ASK4CCM-W10 Pro 64bit, 256GBSSD, 8GB RAM, GPS, Sierra Wireless MC7700. New addition to my collection, using it for navigation and vehicle diagnostics.

CF-29NTQGZBM-PM 1.6, 1.5GB, 80GB IDE, WXP Pro-Running legacy stuff, rescued from a local pawn shop.

CF-19KHRAX2M-Modified with a Gobi 2000 module for vague GPS and basic WWAN.

monocle

Re: Addition of EM7455 into FZ-G1 without factory installed WWAN

#3 Post by monocle »

Update:

The card arrived, I dropped it in, connected the antenna connectors, configured the correct kit components in the bios and all is well!

It's nice when things go right lol

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”