CF-31 TPM

Post all questions and information about the CF-31 in here.
Sparky

CF-31 TPM

#1 Post by Sparky »

I have an old CF-31 that I bought new in 2010. It's a CF-31AGP782M. For many years I used it on the job. Now I'm retired and have just been messing around with it and just trying to see what I can make it do. Right now I've got Window 10 (21H2) installed and it's working fine. Lately I tried updating the TPM module from V1.2 to V2.0 and downloaded the program to do it, but can't get it to work even after following all the directions. All I get is: "it failed to update request (0x00-0x03)". So far I haven't found and explanation for the error. I've tried it a couple of different times without any luck so far. I haven't found any updates to the BIOS either so it doesn't look like there's any way to convert to UEFI. I've been looking hard at the Panasonic site for all the possible downloads but maybe I've been missing something. Anyone have any ideas? This computer has been working great for almost 12 years now and I've been keeping everything maintained by buying new batteries and cooling fans every 5 years or so and changed out the old hard drive for a new SSD a while back. I don't really use this computer for much of anything now except for trials of stuff and to experiment with. Ya gotta keep busy in retirement!
Sparky

Paul

Re: CF-31 TPM

#2 Post by Paul »

Best I've discovered for finding downloads is this page:

https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/
CF-C2CCAZXCM

Sparky

Re: CF-31 TPM

#3 Post by Sparky »

Yea, that's exactly the page where I got the download that I did try that didn't work. There's probably a very specific state that the computer must be in for the TPM 2.0 update to work, but I haven't discovered it yet. Everything is just trial and error because of the lack of information. Since the web page is put there by the manufacturer I'm sure that it's probably the best source for any updates.
Sparky

Return to “CF-31 Talk (Discontinued Model)”