CF-19ADUU51M pointer locks on any UAC screen

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
thewanderlustking

CF-19ADUU51M pointer locks on any UAC screen

#1 Post by thewanderlustking »

This is a MK5 with the 2.5ghz running on a... -=cough=- Mk6 cloned drive that I went in, installed the one touch bundle in safe mode, and got it to boot up and all. It is now activated to the COA on the bottom. I still have a broken driver though somewhere I suspect.

This is, an odd one. I have been beating on it for 2-3 days now trying to sort it out.

Problem: If I try to install anything, when the User Account Control comes op the mouse pointer locks down. Any input from the pad just makes it twitch back and forth slightly. An external plug in usb mouse does nothing. If the screen locks and I have to click on user to log back in, same. Several big clues.

1) When I have an install UAC page up, or sign out and have the select user page up, suddenly my finger effects the pointer... At any other time, nothing.

2) The stylus pen seems to override the crazy pointer, and works to select. Obviously, tab and arrows can move me to the right selection and I can hit enter.

3) If I turn the touchscreen off in BIOS, everything works fine... Turned back on.

I uninstalled the HID-compliant Mouse and all the HID devices except tablet buttons and restarted. It reinstalled them all. Now behavior has changed slightly when I open an install package (been using GPS registry patch) and bring up the User Account Control permissions page. Now it still freaks out, until I touch it with the stylus. Now I can move the curser around freely with the pad, but no finger touch response...

So it must be a dual touch machine? It has the Fujitsu pad driver. I poked about in the dual touch folder. Nothing seems to get this fully sorted. I am doing something wrong/out of order.
CF-3110778CM, CF-19ADUU51M

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

Re: CF-19ADUU51M pointer locks on any UAC screen

#2 Post by Rob »

Reply from my engineer:

From what I can tell if they used a MK6 image on a MK5 they may need to run the MK5 driver bundle or at least the touchscreen drivers from a MK5.

Although typically when an incorrect image is forced it does all kinds of screwy things with the drivers etc. and best practice is to simply re-image the unit with the correct image.

Thanks
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

thewanderlustking

#3 Post by thewanderlustking »

Microsoft pulled all the Windows 7 installer iso's off their server. And the correct one I have used for years, is now broken. So I will go digging through my old backups and see if I can find one from 2017 or so when I am sure I still had a working iso. Problem is, I only keep backups for my MacBook going back that far... I think it is the generic Windows 7 Pro OEM installer .iso that I need. Ador has the discs/iso I am looking for, if I can't get this sorted and have to start over.

But I have everything else sorted and somehow seems to be running stable on it. If I turn off the touchscreen in Bios, all is good.

I have attempted the MK5 one touch driver bundle. And it actually fixed most of the other drivers issues, but not the touchscreen parts. The old method of one at a time with an overly complicated recipe list to follow, might actually work better in this case. But there is no recipe to follow. I uninstalled (via device manager) all the touchscreen and pad drivers I could find that looked relevant and ran the bundle. I also tried this from safe mode.

I am at that weird point where I have almost accomplished the "That will never work" task and could fudge the last little bit, but I have already gotten this far and just want the satisfaction of that last tiny bit. Its like taking an engine completely apart , putting it back together, and ending up with one little nut and an odd bracket left. It is running great, but you still want the last piece put back in.

If somebody has an idea for a good approach to install the driver bundle, I am all ears!

thewanderlustking

#4 Post by thewanderlustking »

Okay I did it again. Inside safe mode I uninstalled all the HID, USB, touch etc stuff that looked like it might be relevant. Rebooted back into safe mode, ran the one click bundle, rebooted back into normal mode. It installed stuff, and rebooted back into regular mode. Same outcome as the last above. Somewhere I lost the finger touch input though.

Okay went into the dual touch and added the registry edit. Now I get some finger response again, but the pointer wants to return back to approximately center. Once I use the stylus, touch input goes away and the pointer unlocks and I can use the pad.

The stylus is the one with the clicky button on the side. I thought this was an indicator of the Wacom digitizer only model. But at one point it was partially responding to finger/touch input. I have not pulled the back side off to see if it says wacom on it.

Now it is a CF-19ADUU51M laptop. I have been using the 19ab-mk5-7x64 bundle. Am I doing something as dumb as just using the wrong bundle? This really seems like a software/registry/driver issue.

If I am using the wrong pack, would somebody be kind enough to toss me a link hopefully to the right one? I am having trouble finding any of them now, and I know that a couple days ago I had 4-5 packages coming up.

thewanderlustking

#5 Post by thewanderlustking »

Well I am putting this on the back burner for now. Everything works fine, with the touchscreen off in BIOS. I am fairly sure it is a dual touch machine, but I can't get finger input to work except for a small amount when a UAC screen pops up. I found and followed the driver package installer instructions, at least for anything in the chain that was related to the touchscreen. I try to run the .exe in the touchscreen folder and I get an error message at the end that installation isn't complete.

I would love to sort it out, but this CF-19 is rough to begin with, and it just isn't worth much more effort. I am fairly certain it is a drivers and or registry conflict (I did run CCleaner). I may try again in a few days (if motivation returns) and manually install all the drivers one at a time according to the install instructions. But I also need the machine at least mostly operational for some tuning work shortly.

Once I get an .iso that will let me do a fresh install, I will give it another shot for sure.

REO51ST

#6 Post by REO51ST »

Go into the BIOS and "Disable" GPS.

Best regards,

REO

Windows thinks your GPS inputs are mouse inputs.

thewanderlustking

#7 Post by thewanderlustking »

I did one better and swapped the motherboard into a better case and left the GPS out lol I had a burnt LCD and a super beat up case anyways. I want to say it is all sorted out now? I need to fire it up and specifically check but pretty sure it is fully sorted.

I have fought with the GPS before causing these issues, especially in Linux. So not sure why I wouldn't have checked on this one...

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”