Been gone a little bit

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
ADOR

Re: Been gone a little bit

#11 Post by ADOR »

mklym wrote:Sounds like you had a really good vacation.

Did you get to take a sample, or two, home with you from the mine tour? Or was security tight? :D
Actually they give you a sample from the end of the tour. The gold mine is gold ore, not nugged. So the rock you get is just gold dotted. Not enough in it for them to loose anything. They estimated if they dug really deep they would find solid nuggets. There is a company that has been trying to buy them out but they keep telling them no. They are a strip mining business and have purchased two other old claims in the area and started stripping them out.

Lately I have been back to working on my cars. Swapping a few things around and selling a few others. Got a lot of parts on the way to the house, lol. Later on I will be getting a Porsche Cayman S (used, say a 07 to 10 model) or a Lotus Elise or EXige.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

mklym

Re: Been gone a little bit

#12 Post by mklym »

ADOR wrote:
mklym wrote:Sounds like you had a really good vacation.

Did you get to take a sample, or two, home with you from the mine tour? Or was security tight? :D
Actually they give you a sample from the end of the tour. The gold mine is gold ore, not nugged. So the rock you get is just gold dotted. Not enough in it for them to loose anything. They estimated if they dug really deep they would find solid nuggets. There is a company that has been trying to buy them out but they keep telling them no. They are a strip mining business and have purchased two other old claims in the area and started stripping them out.

Lately I have been back to working on my cars. Swapping a few things around and selling a few others. Got a lot of parts on the way to the house, lol. Later on I will be getting a Porsche Cayman S (used, say a 07 to 10 model) or a Lotus Elise or EXige.
Right on! May not be much gold in them there rocks, but still a good memento.

Wow! Very nice. You should have fun with either the Porsche or either one of the Lotus. Congrats.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”