Ubuntu ‎16.04.1 LTS Xenial Xerus‎ & the CF31J (WARNING)

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
Azrial

Re: Ubuntu ‎16.04.1 LTS Xenial Xerus‎ & the CF31J (WARNING)

#61 Post by Azrial »

kode-niner wrote:
Azrial wrote:Wow, a lot been going on in the thread while I have been dealing with work related to the storm, and the miscreants that come show up after the blow. I have been just resetting Alsamixer each time, and that is a bit kludged. Thanks for all your efforts! And Jeff, you are correct there are a HUGE number of people on the whole net that are having this same problem!
Jeff alludes to having found a solution. He's just keeping the suspense going as we're waiting for his report on what ended up working, if such is the case. :swords:
To be honest, I think that the development cycle of Linux, specially anything Ubuntu based, is the problem. I have just been manually resetting AlsaMixer manually every time I want audio. I see that this problem has been going on for several distributions now, with no consistent solution in site, then they release another LTS without fixing the on-going bugs. Sounds Microsoftish...

I am not dealing with a similar problem with DisplayPort not working, and again, this problem goes back to 12!!!! Still unresolved.

Anyway, thanks for the help, the workaround presented here, resteing AlsaMixer in Terminal, has made the problem liveable.
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”