Am I the only owner of a CF-27 in this forum?

Post all questions and information about the CF-27 in here.
KLonsdale

Re: Am I the only owner of a CF-27 in this forum?

#11 Post by KLonsdale »

I still have my Mk IV and when I locate a copy of Win 2000 and swap the 40gb harddrive out of my wife's Dell I will get it back running again.
CF-18 MkII
1280 Mb Ram
1.1 MGz Centrino
Factory BT and GPS
8602+S 600 Mw Wifi
32 Gb Transcend SSD
Rubber Back-lit Keyboard
Linux Mint 17.1 Mate Edition

aaron7

#12 Post by aaron7 »

I've got a nice CF-27 that I was going to keep till I found my CF-M34!

It's the PII 300MHz version and I have 320mb RAM in it. Put a 10gb drive in as well. Has a MINT rubber backlit keyboard in it that I might end up selling separately :(

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on it without issue. Runs pretty smooth and totally usable!

The touchscreen works great too!

My only issue is the right hinge had broken. If I could find a replacement I'd fix it!
CF-25 - P166MMX, 160mb, 2.1gb, CD, Win98SE FOR SALE
CF-27 - PII 300, 320mb, 10gb, XP Pro FOR SALE
CF-M34 - P3 700, 512, 40gb, XP Pro

wyrm73

#13 Post by wyrm73 »

The radio shop where I work still has a couple CF-27s still in use. Apparently, the software they use to program the older radios will not work with newer (more to the point faster) laptops. Add to the fact that a lot of the Dells we now use do not have a serial port. True, the radios are a bit dated and they would not have the issue if they just updated those as well. But for the most part, the radios are only for emergency backup when the fancier, newer cellular technology fails. And the radios as well as the 27s just keep working- no matter what. Why spend a lot of money just to update?

MasterBlaster2039

#14 Post by MasterBlaster2039 »

The CF-27 was my first toughbook. I bought it from a German E-bay seller for 109 euros.

Specs are: 300Mhz, 384 MB ram, 10 giga harddrive, NO CDrom, no diskdrive, it has the wireless GPRS card and antenna, that seems to be worthless nowadays, because no mobile operators use GPS anymore.

I installed Adobe Flashplayer 10 on it, and can now play most Flash games from the internet tht i downloaded and use offline. Some are a bit slow, but most of those Flash games are fun to play. Especially the Tower-Defense ones.

I loved it and took it always when i had to travel. My CF-27 survived a fall of 1 meter of concrete stairs. So, its sturdy and durable enough for me.

After the Cf-27, i bought 3 CF-28s, and now have also a CF-29 and 3 CF-M34s.

The CF-27 is have has Windows XP sp1 and i use it only for gaming. Many old games like the first quake, and Half-Life 1 work nice on it.

Nowadays i use the CF-29 or CF-M34 for entertainment , but i still have my old trusty CF-27.

Waldeck

#15 Post by Waldeck »

Nice to see a couple of Brits on the site. I only just found this thread because I just purchase one, liked it so much I have 2 more on the way at $20 a piece.

I tend to be a bit rough with my gear, some (wife) would say stupid, but hey you can't teach old dogs new tricks so I'm stuck with it. I do a bit of photography and use pro equipment, not that I know what I'm doing but because it/they just keep going. I have been washed down rivers (more that once) run over by farm equipment and had a number of bad Bike/Car accidents in the desert and the gear always come off better than I do. Done the Iran, Iraq, Saudi thing, so know reliability is king, or you have to repair your own stuff, "Duct-Tape".

As to still using a serial port, I still use the parallel port, god must be old.

The faster v reliable issue reminds me of the father and son Bull up on the hill watching a herd of cows. Son says come on Dad lets run down there and have a cow, Dad says let walk down and have them all. Anyway after that little gem I'll sign off. Bob.
CF-25FJF4DAM
CF-27EA6GCAM
CF-29CTKGZKM
CF-30FQSAXAE-BP
CF-31ACNAA1M
CF-U1AQB1Z2M

cjradloff76

#16 Post by cjradloff76 »

theres 1 in oz here with a cf-27mk1 with a bad screen and rooted battery....?
CF-25'S,CF-27,CF-M34,CF-18'S ,CF-19 - 1 GPS.
*****only a IBM A31 FOR SALE $100 no hdd*****

Return to “CF-27 Talk (Discontinued Model)”