The comet is back in full swing with a new gauge cluster, alternator and regulator. Some time this coming up week I will be doing some welding on the floorboards.
Found the engine stuck on my 4x4 it's unstuck now, drained water from oilpan, pulled sparkplugs flushed out then blew it out. Ran it for a second by pouring gas into it. Got to drain the tank in the bed, put in new gas and a couple of other minor things and it's ready to go. I then decided to test my spare engine in the shed and it now seems locked so I am going to have to see what it's problem is as well.
Took the 52 ford for a short test drive on our long side road. Stopped backed up, etc several times. It never tried to bog and die like it was doing, throttle response is excellent, the computer seems to be working fine except fuel pump wiring.
The first time I tested the two wires from the cpu to run the fuel pump I got nothing from the relay. I tested again today and I was showing power. Went to town and found a plug that goes into the fuse holder and allows me to plug the wires into the fuse panel with out cutting wires. Went to put it in and now no power on it again???? Suppose to be if it has a blown transistor on the fuel pump circuit it can do that. I have it running from the original switch on the key so it cuts off like it's suppose to. I may try another relay when I get a chance but for now it's working so I am leaving it alone.
I also relocated my battery back underhood, redid all of my battery cables, shortened the length of starter cable and main cables and have the neg of the battery directly on the engine. (before the battery was under the pickup bed) this has solved my slow to crank issue, must of been getting a poor ground though the frame. This is why I think I must of been having poor starting quality. I have a aftermarket box (MSD 6A) and I must of had a voltage drop while cranking so it wasn't giving it full spark. The battery in it now is a 650 CCA with over 820 CA normally. It starts like my 2005 dodge now.
I have more EFI tuning to do. I started with the base and got mid and idle adjusted. the rest has to be done going down the road so it will be a little bit before I can mess with it. I will be installing a fuel/air ratio gauge with oxygen sensor so I can see what it's doing and compensate manually if needed. Another thought I have had about this efi is if I ever get to take it to a show I can unplug the computer style Plug from the ECU and just take it with me
About a week ago my seat cover came in and tonight I tried it on both seat frames I had. The mini truck seat and the original bench seat frame. Tried the original then the mini truck seat that was mocked up in my truck. It didn't fit right on the mini truck seat, but fit fine on the original frame. So out came the mini truck seat and in went the original. I still need to cut and weld a new bottom frame work for it because I want the seat to fold forward for storage underneath. The cover wasn't but about 25 bucks, when I usually looked for white and black seat covers all I could find were zebra print, not really what I was looking for. Or If I did find it, it was about 500 dollars.http://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Leatherett ... ge_o00_s0020160416_223706
by Safjist Nipnog
, on Flickr20160416_223718
by Safjist Nipnog
, on Flickr