Linux Mint Debian and Citrix Receiver SSL Error Code

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
UNCNDL1

Linux Mint Debian and Citrix Receiver SSL Error Code

#1 Post by UNCNDL1 »

I use Citrix Receiver at home to log into my company website. Until recently, I could only do this in Windows. I downloaded Citrix Receiver here: http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... x-131.html
To install on my Linux Mint Debian 52 GUN, I chose the 32 bit file that is 15.4 MB labeled .deb, which I downloaded and installed via Package manager: http://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix- ... x-131.html
I then started to get this error code in Firefox when I then tried to log into my company website:
"Citrix Receiver SSL Error, Contact your Help Desk. You have NOT chosen to trust the Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) The issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL Error 61)."
I found this help here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1975705
Reading down I found the code to copy and paste into Terminal to make Firefox's certificates accessible to Citrix, e.g.,
Code:

sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts

It worked perfectly for me! Now I don't need to find my Windows computer to log in any more. I just fire up my trusty Mint Box and away I go. Depending on the Linux distribution you are using, you would download the appropriate file and install before proceeding. :salute:
Last edited by UNCNDL1 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

droppointalpha

Re: Linux Mint Debian and Citrix Receiver SSL Error Code

#2 Post by droppointalpha »

Thanks for post!

My own company uses citrix for our shoreside personnel. I'll have to note this if I ever transfer off the boats.

UNCNDL1

Re: Linux Mint Debian and Citrix Receiver SSL Error Code

#3 Post by UNCNDL1 »

droppointalpha wrote:Thanks for post!
My own company uses citrix for our shoreside personnel. I'll have to note this if I ever transfer off the boats.
I appreciate the comment, thank you very much. I let my company's I.T. department know how I made it happen just in case some one else asks them for help. I could not believe how easy it was to get things working after doing a google search of the issue. I used MX-15 persistence and got it to save my settings on the usb stick, and I can take it with me where ever I go. Cool Beans!
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”