OS X

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
ADOR

Re: OS X

#11 Post by ADOR »

That sounds like it's time to hit up the Hackintosh forums and start reading then. I never went far with the one I tried, just made the stick and booted.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

glitch

#12 Post by glitch »

I used to work in computer dept of a large business, imaging/ erasing etc. Imaging Mac drives was always been a bit tricky, even going into Mac's! The stock images were very tuned to the hardware. If the dude building the image screwed up it really caused me problems. (certain images for certain depts)

I miss having a Logic Cube to flash drives. For that matter I miss having stacks of drives/computers to play with.

Why is it we will stick any OS on something it was never ment to run on? Are we nuts? I just tried Android on the 29, it failed. :P
glitch

CF-19 Mk-1 / CF-M34 / CF-27 / CF-28 / CF-29 Mk-1 / CF-H1 Field/Health

“The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.” Heraclitus ~5 bc

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

It's version 10.9...

still no wifi joy..I even found a Intel 5100 kext (driver)..
Life will beat you into submission.

glitch

#14 Post by glitch »

I wish I could help, but all I did was load the OS on the unit, these were the Mac's that were just a screen and keyboard. The OS was on a dvd and it slid into the side. I had never touched a Mac before, and I have never used one since.

We couldnt open the Mac's, it voided the contract. So I avoided them when I could. If the OS messed up it would screw the dvd unit up and then we would not be able to load anything. So I happily worked my butt off with the Dell Optiplex units. Pop it open, switch hdd, start the hdd I pulled out imaging, deliver the one with a new brain. Rinse, repeat.

I hope you get it running, lets us know how you did it if it works.
glitch

“The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.” Heraclitus ~5 bc

Shawn

#15 Post by Shawn »

The only two issues are the touchpad and wifi..
A usb or wireless mouse both work fine, so I'm not worried about the touchpad...
No wifi is an issue...The CF52G came with a Intel 5100 card originally so I want to use it..Especially since the CF52 has a whitelist in the bios for wifi cards.

Off to read about kexts..

ADOR

#16 Post by ADOR »

glitch wrote: Why is it we will stick any OS on something it was never ment to run on? Are we nuts? I just tried Android on the 29, it failed. :P
Was that one of the images from the Android x86 project?
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

UNCNDL1

#17 Post by UNCNDL1 »

I have all my old osx hackintosh usb installs in a box (I'm moving). The ones I used worked very well on the Dell Mini 9 and the 10V. Using Snow Leopard 10.6, I was able to make those little Dell Netbooks think they were an Apple. There are different hardware configurations that lend themselves to the "hackintoshing" experience. It takes a lot of time. Shawn, what image did you start with?
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

Shawn

#18 Post by Shawn »

niresh 10.9

glitch

#19 Post by glitch »

ADOR,

I will start an Android thread.
glitch

Shawn

#20 Post by Shawn »

Instructions for triple or quad boot systems...

They recommend OSX 10.5.6

http://mintywhite.com/vista/triplequadb ... u-mac-osx/

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”