CF-18 mkII Digitizer and Linux Mint 17.1 Mate

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
KLonsdale

CF-18 mkII Digitizer and Linux Mint 17.1 Mate

#1 Post by KLonsdale »

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Two days ago I loaded Linux Mint 17.1 Mate Non-Pae Edition onto my CF-18 and have been impressed. First there were no problems booting Mint after it was installed on the hard drive. It boots faster than Win XP and Win 7 and is very responsive. Out of the box the function keys all work the way they are supposed to with the exception of the Suspend to Ram and the suspend to HD keys. Digitizer works as well as the mouse pad. I had no problem configuring my wifi card. I installed X11-touchscreen-calibrator which seems to auto calibrate the digitizer. I also installed "Onboard" which is a configurable on-screen keyboard which works very well. I then installed "FoxTrot GPS" which is a highway map that shows my location on the map. The only things not working at this point is screen rotation and the front panel buttons.
CF-18 MkII
1280 Mb Ram
1.1 MGz Centrino
Factory BT and GPS
8602+S 600 Mw Wifi
32 Gb Transcend SSD
Rubber Back-lit Keyboard
Linux Mint 17.1 Mate Edition

UNCNDL1

Re: CF-18 mkII Digitizer and Linux Mint 17.1 Mate

#2 Post by UNCNDL1 »

Glad to hear that all is well with the CF-18 Mint edition. Please show us your download link for the "non PAE" version of what you installed.
Here are the download links I found, which one did you use:
http://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=23
Here are the release notes for 17.1:
http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_rebecca_mate.php
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

KLonsdale

Re: CF-18 mkII Digitizer and Linux Mint 17.1 Mate

#3 Post by KLonsdale »

Hey thanks for responding,
I downloaded the 32 bit version of Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebbecca" from the first link you provided. Upon booting the disk I hit the down arrow key which brings up the boot options menu. I then chose the "Force PAE" option and allowed the live disk to boot. Once it was booted I then chose the install option on the desktop and installed the distro as normal.
CF-18 MkII
1280 Mb Ram
1.1 MGz Centrino
Factory BT and GPS
8602+S 600 Mw Wifi
32 Gb Transcend SSD
Rubber Back-lit Keyboard
Linux Mint 17.1 Mate Edition

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”