Hello, question about a CF-19 on ebay

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
cheap4tw

Re: Hello, question about a CF-19 on ebay

#11 Post by cheap4tw »

Well I picked up both CF-19s today. Here are the model numbers:

MK4 - CF-19RHR3DPM - Newb question, what is TPM? And does this model have bluetooth? I don't think it does so I'll need to steal the module out of my MK1. Also is it possible to use the Verizon EVDO card with another carrier?

MK2 - CF-19FHGAXAM

My MK1 is CF-19CHBAXBM

On the back of my MK1 there is also an added sticker saying EVDO5725. How do I check if someone added this card?

Also can EVDO be used with Rogers in Canada?

SHEEPMAN!

#12 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Had trouble with the MK-4.... suspect it has bluetooth.

EVDO 5725 ....Verizon? Ask Morgan about Rogers. (mklym)

X=Wireless Ready
Z= No Extras
So your XBM units are similar. B=XP.

Not much help I'm afraid.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

19R
R=Intel Core i5 540UM 1.2GHz
H=1000 nits (TS) 10.4" XGA
R=160GB, 2GB, DDR-3 2.5" SATA
3=
D=
P=WinXP (Win7 COA),
M=NORTH AMERICA
Last edited by Shawn on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life will beat you into submission.

Springfield

#14 Post by Springfield »

ETA: Should have known Shawn would beat me to it ^^^
cheap4tw wrote:MK4 - CF-19RHR3DPM - Newb question, what is TPM? And does this model have bluetooth? I don't think it does so I'll need to steal the module out of my MK1. Also is it possible to use the Verizon EVDO card with another carrier?
H = Touchscreen
2nd R = 2GB memory and 160GB hard drive
3 = TPM "enabled" but no BT, GPS, or camera. TPM=Trusted Platform Module, which is a security feature built into the motherboard that stores security keys.
D = Verizon EVDO
P = ??? (OS type, maybe Win7 Pro)
M = North America
Last edited by Springfield on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350

mklym

#15 Post by mklym »

Sadlmkr wrote:......EVDO 5725 ....Verizon? Ask Morgan about Rogers. (mklym)......
I have no experience with Rogers. I have an X301 Thinkpad that has a Gobi 1000 that I used on the Telus network. No problems, bought a sim card for a data plan, installed into the laptop and connected, that easy. I have been too broke to get any of the WLAN cards in my CF-19 or CF-31 connected to any WLAN network.

I sold a CF-30FCS85AM that had a Novatel U740, if I remember correctly. The guy I sold it to has tried to get the Novatel connected on the Bell network. He said he has gone to 3 different Bell stores and was told, at all 3 places, that they cannot connect the CF-30, they can do the CF-29 and the CF-31 but not the CF-30. To me, that means the Bell techs are trying to sell him a Bell USB unit. It should have nothing to do with the model unit and everything to do with the WLAN card. At this point, the guy is using his smart phone as a WiFi hotspot to connect with the CF-30.

My advice is to contact Rogers tech support and see what they say about connecting your Verizon card. There are other Canadian members that have connected to different networks with different cards, they may be able to add more info.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

cheap4tw

#16 Post by cheap4tw »

Thank you for the info.

I have a buddy at work who has a tablet with a rogers data plan. I may see if I can borrow his SIM card for an hour to test it.

SHEEPMAN!

#17 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

cheap4tw

#18 Post by cheap4tw »

Well I tore into a CF-19 for the first time ever yesterday. Glad to say everything worked out well.

I am guessing the MK4 I bought had some surgery done to it before because the EVDO card was gone and a bluetooth card had been added. I had already opened up my MK1 though so I figured for a learning experience I'd transplant the EVDO card from there. Worked fine.

I then went for the RAM upgrade, ended up adding 2x 4gb strips and I swapped a 240gb intel SSD into the hard drive caddy.

The MK4 had a Windows 7 COA so I went for it and installed Windows 7 64bit. I got all the drivers installed and everything except the tablet buttons worked. I checked through the driver steps and realized I forgot to click one file that adds a registry entry. Now everything works perfectly.

Hoping to add a digitizer panel to make it dual touch, a GPS module, and a Sierra MC7700 for LTE here in Canada. A backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader would be nice too... hrm =p

cheap4tw

#19 Post by cheap4tw »

Oh I forgot one:

I cannot get the AMT driver to install, it says my system does not meet the requirements. Should this driver be installed?

cheap4tw

#20 Post by cheap4tw »

I think I am going toughbook crazy here but I'm loving it so why not. I just scored a CF-19 MK1 off ebay for $200. Why you ask? So I can strip it of the Fingerprint Reader and the Backlit keyboard it has.

CF-19CJGJXBM

I had planned on buying a Recovery Disk for my MK4 from Rob but had to push that back until next week to swing this baby.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”