Used Batteries

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
twillingham

Used Batteries

#1 Post by twillingham »

I have heard people on this forum indicating that they renew old batteries. I have two original panasonic batteries for a cf-28 and cf-29 that i have replaced. If anybody would like these batteries let me know THanks
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Toughbook

Re: Used Batteries

#2 Post by Toughbook »

How did you reprogram the chip inside? That is what tells the batteries how old they are and how much charge to take. I have rebuilt several CF-28 batteries to no avail... You must be able to reprogram them or the new batteries are wasted. The only way that I know around this would be to replace the batteries when the battery pack is new and replace with a higher capacity battery.
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

twillingham

#3 Post by twillingham »

I am not saying that I did any work on the old batteries I am simply saying I replaced two batteries with new ones. I have two old batteries for anyone who wants to take a shot at getting back up to speed.
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Azrial

#4 Post by Azrial »

Toughbook wrote:How did you reprogram the chip inside? That is what tells the batteries how old they are and how much charge to take. I have rebuilt several CF-28 batteries to no avail... You must be able to reprogram them or the new batteries are wasted. The only way that I know around this would be to replace the batteries when the battery pack is new and replace with a higher capacity battery.
I am not doubting you but that certainly is a novel thing for a battery to have. Why would they have to program obsolescence into the battery? I mean isn't this reduction the the ability to hold a charge is a natural byproduct of a battery aging?

I ask because I really want to know.
Last edited by Azrial on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

nine

#5 Post by nine »

I noticed an interesting thing earlier this week when I refreshed the battery in a CF-29 I got. It actually ended up reporting a HIGHER fully charged capacity after refresh. I know this is different behavior than the CF-28's, which would only lower the capacity. This got me wondering if the CF-29 batteries might be rebuildable?
anyone tried it? I don't have any 29 batteries that are dead enough for me to tear in to, or I'd consider doing it myself

nine
nine

Toughbooks, I have a few :)

twillingham

#6 Post by twillingham »

i have an old cf29 battery and 28

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”