Help...CF52 Fan problem.

Post all questions and information about the CF-5x series in here.
toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Help...CF52 Fan problem.

#1 Post by toughasnails »

This thread was started at Notebook Review http://forum.notebookreview.com/panason ... oblem.html and since they have a limited on how many pictures one member can have we figured we would move it here since we don't have any limit :cheers:
hello.....

sorry for my bad english.....

i need help, please

the cpu fan of my cf52CD....mk1 running always. is this normal ?
the cf 52 have no temp problem, the fan is running in the first 2-3 minutes after cold start. (cpu and all other temperature is lower than 28 C/82F, the fan is on)

thx.....for your help
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

onirakkiss

Re: Help...CF52 Fan problem.

#2 Post by onirakkiss »

So I want to tell u, how u can adjust at which temperature the fan will start and stop inside of the BIOS. First u have to have a unlocked BIOS, cause its easier to get access if something goes wrong. Search the net for "AfuWin v.1.16" if u want to do the BIOS load and save in Windows(XP,7) or "AfuDOS" for DOS. There is a x86 and a 64bit version, depending on ur Windows installation. Additionally u have to look for "AMIBCP v4.53" to adjust the settings and "HWinfo" (or similar) for x86 or 64bit for checking the temperature.
Now I want to show u this procedure step by step with some pictures.
First start AFUWINGUI
First start AFUWINGUI
explorerafuwingui.PNG (24.54 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
Only choose "SAVE" and put the file in a folder on a thumb-drive outside of ur laptop. Name it something like CF-XXXXXX-BIOSsettingsPart-original
Only choose "SAVE" and put the file in a folder on a thumb-drive outside of ur laptop. Name it something like CF-XXXXXX-BIOSsettingsPart-original
afuwinguisave.PNG (30.5 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
Now open AMIPCB and go to "File/Open" and select the file which u created with AFUWIN on the thumb drive. Then go to this point Debug/ThermalConfiguration/ActiveTripPointLOFanSpeed and set it to 55. This is where ur fan comes to idle.
Now open AMIPCB and go to "File/Open" and select the file which u created with AFUWIN on the thumb drive. Then go to this point Debug/ThermalConfiguration/ActiveTripPointLOFanSpeed and set it to 55. This is where ur fan comes to idle.
amipcbfantemp.PNG (59.53 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
Now go to the next line and adjust the temperature of ActiveTripPointHIFanSpeed to 71. This is where u fan will go to high speed.

BTW. If u want, u can select "YES" in each line in the whole BIOS in the row "SHOW". Gives u some more features, if u open ur BOIS via F2 next time on ur laptop; but be careful with ur new power!!!

In the menu go to "FILE" and "SAVE AS" and save the file to ur local hard drive. Name it something like CF-XXXXXX-BIOSsettingsPart-1FANtemperature.
In AFUWINGUI u can now load ur newly created file and make some settings, before u click on the final "FLASH" button.
In AFUWINGUI u can now load ur newly created file and make some settings, before u click on the final "FLASH" button.
afuwinsettings.PNG (32.37 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
Now only restart ur laptop on Windows. If it reboot successfully, shut it down, pull the battery and power, wait 30 seconds, start ur machine again and if it all works, ur fan should start at the give temperature.
I have done this on my CF-T8 and some CF-52. It worked for me, but this should not implicit it will work for u. U are on ur own! But I'm willing to help u out if I can. :)
CF-29NTQGZBM: 450nit Backlight-LED-XGA-Display; 1.5GB; 250GB 7200HDD; rubber backlight keyboard; 2nd Accu; ext.Charger; ABGN-PCI300Mb(Atheros); DVD-+LightscribeDL; Microfon; GPS; BT; 2MP-Webcam; 3.Wifi(n-draft)antenna; HSDPA
CF-52SLGDB1M: 700nit Backlight-LED-WUXGA-Display; 16GB; Crucial512SSD4m@6Gbps+BIOS Mod; emissive backlight keyboard

mklym

Re: Help...CF52 Fan problem.

#3 Post by mklym »

Thank you for the information.

Personally, I am going to use the info to start the fan sooner and switch to higher speeds at lower temps. I like to keep my units as cool as possible, within reason. Heat kills electronics and my normal environment is noisy enough that I can not hear the fan running. This info will help get more, trouble free use from my fan cooled units.

Thanks again.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-54 / CF-53 / CF-52 / CF-51 / CF-50 Talk (Discontinued Models)”