CF-31ACNAA1M

Post all questions and information about the CF-31 in here.
HOOT

CF-31ACNAA1M

#1 Post by HOOT »

Hello Guys,

First post in the forums and as a relatively new "toughbook" user aswell so please bear with me in the meantime and sorry if any stupid questions come up :headbang:

I purchased a CF-31ACNAA1M not too long ago, before summer, and I'm now wondering if it actually has a Gobi 2000 WWAN card pre-installed in it already or not.

Bringing up the Device Manager within Win7 the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 shows under the "other devices" tab, yet there's a warning sign on top of the icon, right clicking on the properties it tells me the following:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
Any ideas on how to address the problem ? Is the Gobi 2000 adapter actually installed on this CF-31 or do I have to purchase it ? ... I tried looking up Qualcomm's website for the drivers but was unable to find them, same thing happened by using the update driver utility in Win7.

Thanks in advance ! :)

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: CF-31 ACNAA1M

#2 Post by toughasnails »

Well when it left the factory it had it. Did you buy it new or used. I have never had one installed in any of my toughbooks so someone else might be able to help you out.

You can go to the below site and put in the model number (no spaces,all caps) and it should give you what it had in it when it left the factory
http://www.panasonic.com/business/Tough ... puters.asp
Configuration Results (print)

Model Number:
CF-31ACNAA1M

CHANNEL LIMITED

MSRP:
$5,288

Description: Windows 7 Professional, Intel Core i5‑540M 2.53GHz, 13.1" XGA Touchscreen LCD, 250GB Shock‑mounted HDD, 2GB, ATI Discrete Graphics, Wi‑Fi, Bluetooth, Gobi, Dual Pass (Upper WWAN / Lower Wi‑Fi), TPM 1.2, Backlit Emissive Keyboard, Toughbook Preferred
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

teo

Re: CF-31 ACNAA1M

#3 Post by teo »

Yes! you have a gobi 2000 installed. You must download and Install the CSA application. You can find it here at panasonic website; http://www.panasonic.com/business/tough ... reless.asp

teo

HOOT

Re: CF-31ACNAA1M

#4 Post by HOOT »

That's great news then ! Thanks to both of you ;)
The CSA Aplication linked is only for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon is that correct ?

Considering I will be travelling to Switzerland for a few months will I have to download this program instead in order for the Gobi to work on a local carrier (Swisscom) ?

"Unlimited Data Manager 10.0 for notebooks"
http://www.swisscom.ch/res/hilfe/downlo ... guageId=en

Cheers

HOOT

#5 Post by HOOT »

Downloaded the CSA application but as expected I am given the choice of Verizion, Sprint and AT&T only. Whilst on the toughbook site under the FAQ it is evident one can use it with European carriers aswell.

"AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless in the U.S. all work on a Gobi-enabled Toughbook computer, as well as a number of major carriers in Europe"

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd greatly appreciate ;)

teo

#6 Post by teo »

Use and installed the AT&t application coz i know that EU uses GSM network. After the installation go to AT&t menu and create a custom profile but first ask an APN to your service provider and your good to go.

teo

HOOT

#7 Post by HOOT »

Thanks teo, but by installing the AT&T software I would still be limited to use the AT&T SIM card correct ? What if I want to use a local SIM card (in this case Swisscom) with an internet data plan ? Would the software I have linked before be correct or is the AT&T one fine as you suggested ?

Thanks for the help and once again sorry for the loads of questions but I am totally new to this stuff :)

teo

#8 Post by teo »

Yes! you can use the local sim card thats why you need to create your own profile though AT&t application and what I said above you need to have an APN from your service local provider to encode during the creation of your own profile. I've done this a year ago when I visited my home country(PI) and use the local sim card. Its been a while, so I can't give you an exact instruction. But its there. As I remember there is an instrucrion posted at NBR that I posted a year ago.

teo

HOOT

#9 Post by HOOT »

I tried looking on NBR forums but couldn't find it, would be awesome if you could dig up the link again :)

Return to “CF-31 Talk (Discontinued Model)”