Mk2/Mk3 - looking for service manuals

Post all questions and information about the CF-28 in here.
OperationDinnerOut

Mk2/Mk3 - looking for service manuals

#1 Post by OperationDinnerOut »

At Rob's suggestion, I am re-posting this from the NBR forum.
-----

Are there service manuals available for the CF-28 mk2 and mk3? I know this question has been asked several times, but the only answer anyone ever gives is, in essence, "The mk1 service manual is good enough."

They may be good enough, but still... Are the other manuals available?

I'm looking at the mk1 service manual right now, and I can see that it has no RIM antenna. Many of us already know that the mk1 had a rather different display assembly than the later CF-28s, and I'm trying not to fly blind with the antenna mod I'm working on.
- Andy -
Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Mk2 - Fully-rugged, Win7
HP EliteBook 2530p - 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Win7
Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Mk3 - Rubber backlit keyboard, WinXP/Debian

tomcat57

Re: Mk2/Mk3 - looking for service manuals

#2 Post by tomcat57 »

I understand what you’re asking, but since we don’t work for Panasonic service, the only manuals that us enthusiasts have access to are floating around on the internet, usually from Russian download sites
Some are completely free for download
Others are from pay sites located offshore

They are usually the most basic type, and without the options that your interested in
I have several manuals, which have parts listings for the standard parts but info on optional items is not listed
For instance I have been looking for the part # for the gps bump out on the cf-18
I have a manual, but as I said it’s the most basic and does not list that part in the parts list

I have a good antivirus program on my computer so I looked for mk2 or mk3 info, but I could only find the mk-1 m series manual

If anyone here has found a better manual hopefully they will PM you with details

Alex

rjenkins

#3 Post by rjenkins »

When I first got my CF-28 Mk3 I bought a set of service manuals from someone on Ebay.

By the time they turned up (on what appear to be a 'real' CD, not a CD-R) I'd done the mods I wanted so never looked at it. Just dug it out and guess what - it's Mk1 stuff and apears to be a rip of Rob's info...
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

OperationDinnerOut

#4 Post by OperationDinnerOut »

Yeah, those service manual CDs on eBay looked to be nothing more than the info already available. I think one of them had a good enough picture that I could recognize it (a printed copy of the manual) as the mk1 manual that everyone already has. Sad face. :(
- Andy -
Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Mk2 - Fully-rugged, Win7
HP EliteBook 2530p - 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Win7
Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Mk3 - Rubber backlit keyboard, WinXP/Debian

tomcat57

#5 Post by tomcat57 »

I forgot about eBay :pat:

I have seen the listings that have the drivers,manuals including service manuals for sale on cd

I was not interested as the drivers and regular manuals can be downloaded from the Panasonic downloads area for free
And thats interesting what you say on the service manual Robert
That means that everything on that cd was available off the internet and the seller is just making it easy for someone

Alex

Silver Trooper

#6 Post by Silver Trooper »

TC,

I need the same part numbers for my CF-18 GPS items. I need the bumpout, seals, plate and all the little stuff to mount the cover (need the antenna also). If you find the numbers, would you please let me know and I will do the same for you! I tried to order from Heartland, but no part numbers, no order!

Robert
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

capt.dogfish

#7 Post by capt.dogfish »

The part number for the bumpout is DFHR6046ZA-0 I didn't get the gasket or screws, I have screws in the hell box and the gasket I'll make myself. I don't know who you guys are talking to, the lady who answers the phone is always willing to look up parts numbers for me. I've never been accused of being that much of a "silver tongued devil".
CAP

tomcat57

#8 Post by tomcat57 »

Cap
I looked up the part # that you listed and it showed the description as a plastic sheet for about $8
Now I’m happy with the price and I’m not about to say to you that your a :liar:

But.... Teo posted in the cf-18 thread and listed the ant cover part # different
His # is DFHR6231ZA-0 and that looks like the correct #

Alex

capt.dogfish

#9 Post by capt.dogfish »

For what its worth, the part number I posted was from the Panasonic box which still contains the "plastic sheet" otherwise known as the GPS bump out.
CAP

tomcat57

#10 Post by tomcat57 »

You are probably correct Cap
I know that there is about 8 different numbers for the plastic antenna covers on the cf-18 and cf-19 , so when they run out of a production run they just make up a new part number
My cf-19 cover fits on my cf-18 mk-5 fine

Anyways here's the 2 different part numbers for the bump out
The second has the lowest suggested list price

DFHR6046ZA-0 SHEET,PLASTIC $6.72
DFHR6231ZA-0 GPS COVER $3.58

:fish:

Alex

Return to “CF-28 Talk (Discontinued Model)”