Newbie with problems says hello!

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Shedguy72

Newbie with problems says hello!

#1 Post by Shedguy72 »

Hi everybody,
Thank you for allowing me onto your forum!
I'm Chris, an Oldie Newbie and I'm from across the pond in Southport near Liverpool UK.

I've spent the last 30 years messing about with computers and I thought that I was pretty good....until I met the CF19!
I had lusted after a CF19 for years but it took me until last November to buy one and was very pleased that it was a Mk5 CF-19AHN3VDE.
I want to use it for car diagnostics which I currently have on 2 full size laptops. Initially there was a reason for using 2 but now I want all my diagnostics on 1 machine. I’m hoping that the tablet mode will be very useful.

I don’t think that the touchscreen has had much use as it’s spotless and the touchpad a little worn to the centre.
It's done 10k hours but the image is bright and clear. I have read that the mouse pad is not of a standard design so is not as responsive as a standard one, it would be good to have this confirmed please.
When I got it the HDD had been removed for security reasons. I fitted an SSD and did a normal installation of Win7 Pro 64bit, I had downloaded all 59 drivers and other files from the Panasonic website including the correct order of installation which I followed.
It didn't go well so I realised that I was out of my depth and decided that I must try and find some skilled advice, so I searched and was very pleased to find you guys. At one point I had 2 on screen keyboards on at the same time. I’ve never had the touchscreen working properly, it won’t let me configure it. There were other problems but after 6 months I've forgotten what they were!
I swopped the new SSD for a 320Gb HDD to avoid problems due to installing then formatting multiple times. I’ll refit the SSD when I’ve got the installation right.

I have a few questions,

Do I need a special windows 7 version to get all the features to work? I will not be using it online so 7 will be fine.

Once W7 is installed do I need to make any special preparation to 7 before starting the driver installation?

Was there an auto driver installation package previously available for this model? One word answers would be fine! I fully understand the copyright issue.

Would it be possible for someone to briefly take me through the whole installation process please? I’m fine with OS and driver installations but I’d like to confirm that I’m getting it right for the CF19. I’m not asking for lots of detail just the process.

I really would appreciate any help that may receive and thank in advance any forum member who could be of help to me.
Chris

Rich

Re: Newbie with problems says hello!

#2 Post by Rich »

Hi Chris,
Easy peasy.

Ok 1, what COA is on the bottom of your 19? I will guess Windows 7 Pro.
Ok 2, Install the version you have the COA for.
Ok 3, on a different computer go to https://na.panasonic.com/us/support/tou ... ort-center

- select computer, select toughbook 19, select one click bundles.
- mosey down the list to find the Mk5 bundle for the windows version you have. Download it onto USB drive, copy to your 19.
Ok 4, go to where you copied it to and right click run as administrator.
Ok 5, this will auto extract and begin installing the correct drivers in the proper order.
Ok 6, now you will have WiFi, and if you go to device manager, all will be good. update windows.
Oh, put the SSD back in first.

Hope this helps
Rich
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

Shedguy72

#3 Post by Shedguy72 »

Hi Rich, thanks for your reply,
Unfortueately the link only applies to Mk1,2, and 3, for XP and Vista only, mine's a MK5 and I need drivers for Win7
The only 1 click bundle that I can find is for a Mk7 (designated confusingly 5/6 but not refering to the MK5/6).
The only place that I can find with drivers is https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/search ... 1&lang=002 This is the correct page for my CF19.
My CF19 is a Mk5 designated A/B from the 1st letter of the model number after the CF-19.
I think that there was a one click driver bundle for my Mk5 but Panasonic withdrew it a couple of years ago.
It looks to me like I'll need to do it the hard way unless someone's got an old download of the driver pack.
My current new installation of Win 7 is a 32bit Ultimate.
I don't need anything better because it will never be on the net and one of the key progs that I'll be using may not work on W10.
I'm going to do all the updates for my 7 Ultimate and then manually install the drivers in the correct order. I hope to have completed this before I get to be 73!!!!
Thanks again Rich and all the best.

ADOR

#4 Post by ADOR »

It has been a long time since I have put 7 on my Mk5, but if I did it like I did the MK1,2,3 machines I just went to a newer (6,7,8) machine drivers and got the special drivers from there. Like screen rotation, front buttons, etc.

I also have windows 10 on my Mk6, if you do have windows 7 COA and want to try 10 the trick in using the windows 7 coa on 10 still works. ( you can always put in a spare harddrive to test it out)

If you still can't get that to work I will pull out my Mk5 and manually see what drivers I have. I should have a backup folder on it with the ones I used.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Shedguy72

#5 Post by Shedguy72 »

Hi Ador, Rich,
I just don't know what my problem was last year! After 6 months in a corner I've now tried again with the manually downloaded drivers and software and it just went sweet! I should have tried this before troubling you guys. I'm very glad that I have found your forum though, there's a mountain of knowledge here and it may be that looking through your forum it acted the confidence boost that I needed. I installed it to my 320Gb HDD and when it's finished I'm going to clone it to my SSD with Acronis. I'll be glad to get all of my car diagnostics onto one PC. I can't wait to get it finished and start using it.
Thanks guys, I'm not going away I'll be back when It's finished or sooner if I need more advice. Chris

Rich

#6 Post by Rich »

Hey Chris, happy to help. Sometimes the forum just scares the toughbook into acting right. I had a CF-H2 that I couldn’t get 7 reinstalled on. I posted my problem and the next day it went flawlessly.
Take care
Rich

Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

ADOR

#7 Post by ADOR »

There was a lot of stuff "lost" when the NBR Forum shut down, if you have time they did make a backup of it before it was fully closed.

https://www.nbrchive.net/xfa/panasonic.1012/
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen

Rich

#8 Post by Rich »

Thanks for the link, maybe that should be a sticky.
Last edited by Rich on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADOR

#9 Post by ADOR »

When NBR went down we got a overhaul on the Forum here, then 4 other new Forums popped up.

Out of those 4 only one is left online.

They aren't as big as NBR but they are a lot of NBR family.

There isn't much in the Panasonic section there. As in less than 10 posts. The real info is in the Archive link that Archive was done to back up the info for everyone, but was done by the new forum.

You can also use the web archive, but the archive is easier to search. If just searching in the titles I would use Ctrl + F, if you need to search deeper I would use the link in a custom google search.

Shedguy72

#10 Post by Shedguy72 »

Thanks for that Ador. Everything going ok now, one car diagnostic prog installed and working, having probs with another but I'll make a new topic for that, it's not the prog it's the CF19.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”