So... who's gonna start a thread about FZ-55?

Post all questions and information about the FZ-55 in here.
theoak2

So... who's gonna start a thread about FZ-55?

#1 Post by theoak2 »

I'm looking at this as a replacement for CF-31 MK4. But that is a tough act to follow. Has anyone bought an FZ-55 to comment or compare. I know that (of course) it is newer and at least some models can run Windows 11, And it has wider screen, and it is very up-gradable through modules. The thing I am uncertain about is: how much do modules cost as compared with ordinary parts that can be put in CF-31? How tough is it compared to CF-31, and do you have any regrets if you have bought it? Any praise?
CF-31 MK4 with 16 GB Ram, Techrotech webcam, and 3 caddies with Windows 10, Windows 11, and Kubuntu Linux 20.04
FZ-G1 MK1 with 256 GB SSD and Windows 10

theoak2

Re: So... who's gonna start a thread about FZ-55?

#2 Post by theoak2 »

Can't find edit button.

Another question: Can you put all optional modules in at the same time, or do you have to remove one to put in another? Also, can you open modules to upgrade them?

EDIT: found the edit button!
CF-31 MK4 with 16 GB Ram, Techrotech webcam, and 3 caddies with Windows 10, Windows 11, and Kubuntu Linux 20.04
FZ-G1 MK1 with 256 GB SSD and Windows 10

Michael AU

Re: So... who's gonna start a thread about FZ-55?

#3 Post by Michael AU »

I posted in a different thread about the next new model because later this year I will be in the market for a new lappy. I haven't considered the FZ-55 because it doesn't appear to be "fully rugged" so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a direct replacement for the venerable CF-3x series.

With regards to the modules I really like the concept however I think the modules are made to suit different size ports so certain modules fit one port while other modules fit a different sized port. If you want to use 2 modules of the same size you will obviously need 2 ports that fit them otherwise you can only use one at a time. I'm sure @Rob will be able to clarify.

You may want to look up Linus Tech Tips on YouTube he did a review on the 55.
CF-29 x 3, CF-30, CF-31, CF-D1.

Return to “FZ-55 Talk (Current Model)”