Anyone else watched Toughbook Vs. "Whatever" videos on YouTube?

Post all general Toughbook related things here.
natescott90

Anyone else watched Toughbook Vs. "Whatever" videos on YouTube?

#1 Post by natescott90 »

So I got bored while waiting for my sleep medication to kick in, and I found a video which compared a Toughbook CF-30 to some Motorola laptop, hosted by a British channel. Personally I don't trust these guys on any honest opinion (sorry to any British users on here, my comments are directed at their channel not you). So they went through the whole testing of IP54, which both survived, and then went straight to explosives. At what point does a manufacturer offer an explosives rating???? None at all! They went way beyond what both laptops were designed for, and when they showed both laptops before the explosives test, it seemed to me that the CF-30 had something extra on top. I can't be sure, but I don't trust anyone. And once they were sitting on their comfy little couches, they showed both laptops, and yes the CF-30 looked a hell of a lot worse but I'll bet you that POS Motorola wouldn't boot either. I even issued them a challenge, which knowing them, I'll have to do it myself: I'll buy both laptops in their test, and test them where I work. They'll both be subjected to 20 foot drops repeatedly from on top of a trailer, and I'll even turn a high pressure spinner on both of them, which runs at roughly 390 PSI. Don't know if the CF-30 can survive that, but I can assure you the Motorola laptop won't stand a chance.

Their video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIV1MhGbXo

What I wrote as a post on their video:
You guys seem really biased in your reviews, always favoring the underdog. Personally, I have never, ever heard of a motorola laptop, but where I live, Toughbooks are widely used by my local police, fire department, Emergency Response/Paramedics, County Sheriff's, and State Highway Patrol. I couldn't help but notice you guys far exceeded the thresholds set by the manufacturers, and what manufacturer offers an explosives rating????? Nobody, that's who. You can't judge a winner based on what a laptop isn't designed for. Bet you for sure that motorola laptop wouldn't boot either but you wouldn't show it. By the way, I'm not endorsed by Panasonic or Motorola, but the honest opinions of a PC Technician. I trust Panasonic far more than I could throw a motorola laptop, and from what I've seen, the Toughbook would survive the throw. You know what, let's up this a notch. Why don't I find this mysterious Motorola laptop, and Toughbook CF-30, and I'll test them where I work. High pressure water exceeding 200 degrees Fahrenheit, 20 Foot drops onto concrete, and we will really see what survives. :blowaway: :blowaway: :blowaway: :blowaway: :blowaway: :blowaway: :blowaway:
:newbie:

FZ-G1ASK4CCM-W10 Pro 64bit, 256GBSSD, 8GB RAM, GPS, Sierra Wireless MC7700. New addition to my collection, using it for navigation and vehicle diagnostics.

CF-29NTQGZBM-PM 1.6, 1.5GB, 80GB IDE, WXP Pro-Running legacy stuff, rescued from a local pawn shop.

CF-19KHRAX2M-Modified with a Gobi 2000 module for vague GPS and basic WWAN.

User32

Re: Anyone else watched Toughbook Vs. "Whatever" videos on YouTube?

#2 Post by User32 »

There's a ML910 on Marktplaats as we speak, can't find it though.

TGS testing the G1 and 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJZqWEEEU90

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

Life will beat you into submission.

User32

#4 Post by User32 »

And there's always www.ruggedpcreview.com, you know.

Return to “General Toughbook Talk”