Touchpad and Touchscreen inop **Fixed**

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
Rich

Re: Touchpad and Touchscreen inop

#11 Post by Rich »

Very quickly I did, will do better job tomorrow.
Whenever I pull battery and put it back in I loose bios date and time
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

SHEEPMAN!

#12 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

So it needs to be verified as plugged in (probably is) ooh ohh I have a picture. Shot through hdd door.

Shows where white cable plugs into mobo, cmos plug, cmos battery. I live near a dirt road. :pat: Film is too honest.
Attachments
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG (69.3 KiB) Viewed 11014 times
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

SHEEPMAN!

#13 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Every once in a while I make an offer to someone ....I wait, and never hear from them again. 99% of the time. What's up with that?

Am I scaring them by my pretense as a seller? I'm not a seller....I'm a guy that enjoys toughbooks and buys the "new" model (to me) just to see it.

So above being said I am hesitant to offer anything. I might lose someone to talk with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New subject: What's up with CF-29s?

More interest in them. How cheap are they? :D >>>>>>>pp999 forgive me but I am going on and off topic here and about to make a statement. Entitled "The Problem".

THE PROBLEM:

If a unit is too cheap, folks are not willing to pay for honest pricing on repairs and parts. Not to say that folks are dishonest or anything else.

"If my CF-28 cost me $16.95 on eBay...how come a working touchscreen will end up costing me out of pocket $100.00+." "What will my spouse say?" Sorry folks here comes another statement. (I hate it when I do that)

A $100.00 parts and labor on a $5200 Toughbook is "cheap at half the price.' (sarcastic family saying)

Anyone who expects to repair a Panasonic Toughbook at a price commensurate with the present "refurb" Toughbook eBay prices is out of their mind.

What I mean is....you paid $29.95 for a $5500 out the door CF-29. Mayyyyybe out of date parts are cheap but a new Touchscreen Panel STILL costs >$60.00 ....for the best of reasons. Wait for it, wait for it.....INTERCHANGEABILITY...

Oh boy the home-made tamales are done...timer went off... Need to close this out.

Apologies again to OP. I have needed to say this for a loonnng time. I'll talk to you PM. I wouldn't have used your thread if I didn't like you. FWTW (For what that's worth) We will get you sorted. ;)

Annie's Tamale Sauce is awesome. Ummmmmmmmmmm.

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

Well said Jeff.
Life will beat you into submission.

Rich

#15 Post by Rich »

Jeff
Opinions are awesome, how else can you get a different perspective on things, no apologies needed. This latest CF-29 cost $125. I guess I was lulled into some fantasy that all might be well. I've been very lucky thus far. The seller hasn't responded to my inquiry and that is a response itself.

I wasn't looking for a fix it project, but apparently one was looking for me. I will accept this challenge and make the best of it.

So, more checking and rechecking to do!! I noticed one time while it was booting I was moving finger on touchpad and at a certain point I though I saw arrow move, bump up a little then back. Haven't been able to duplicate.

Thanks Rich

Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

Rich

#16 Post by Rich »

Just got to work and peered in through Hdd opening, sure enough cmos battery is unplugged. Time for some disassembly.

Could this be causing the problems?

SHEEPMAN!

#17 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

First of all this, while you may fit some of the "vent", it was not directed towards you at all! :)

It is what really happened over 20 times. I type while I'm cooking and just happened to be in your thread.

O.K.......I don't see why (how) the cmos battery would do it but stranger things have happened. Hmmmm, I bet it was password protected and the seller forgot to plug it back in.

If the cmos battery doesn't fix it I'll send you one (a MK5) that does work. I'm going to change to a repaired panel today. My earlier fix did not stay fixed.
1. Straight trade.....you pay shipping.
.......................OR
2. Buy this one from me.
.......................OR
3. Send yours to me and I'll fix it.

I think you will get it though, that battery is suspicious. What was your bios and ec again?

Hey Shawn what do you think about the relationship of no cmos battery and the touchpad inop? It's too thinky for me. Maybe we should ask Larry. (Shawn reads my mail):D

Sheep time. :salute:

Rich

#18 Post by Rich »

Yeah its a stretch on the battery, but stranger things. I'll get it plugged in sometime in the next few days when I can find the time, darn work and home work its tough being an adult (47). I'll let you know Monday sometime about any of your options if necessary.

SHEEPMAN!

#19 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

If you can see the plug you can plug it in from the door. It basically wants to point at the socket due to wires taking a "set" over time..... One screwdriver through hdd door one through the crack alongside the pcmcia slots....through pc door.
Ya just have to hold your mouth right. :D

Shawn

#20 Post by Shawn »

CMOS battery and touchpad inop--Seems odd, but Jeff, pull the CMOS battery on one of your working units and reboot without battery. See what happens. Prefer windows OS.

With a disconnected battery, it is more likely a ffc flat cable is not seated properly or the touchpad board has gone TA. Maybe touchpad ffc is upside down?

PS Much better. No gray..
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”