Anyone try powder coating the cover on their CF-18?

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
Matguyver

Anyone try powder coating the cover on their CF-18?

#1 Post by Matguyver »

OK, so maybe i'm board. :rolleyes: ..but I was thinking a nice bright osha orange would sure make my little CF-18 a lot easier to find. The cover of the LCD is made out of magnesium right? I have a powder coating company who has done some real nice work when I restored my 1970 Jeepster who said they would give it a try on a sample piece for free. What do you guys think? Anyone try it before? Is it not made out of magnesium? Anyone have a sacraficial cover in crappy shape they would be willing to part with on the cheap to find out...let me know...thanks as always...Matguyver :salute:
Toughbooks, Macs and a Jeepster...Life is good!

rtreads

Re: Anyone try powder coating the cover on their CF-18?

#2 Post by rtreads »

I think I would look sweet.

I have mine mounted up on the dash of my early bronco. I was thinking that digi urban camo would look good against the orange of the bronco?

Its like no one is on here anymore?

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#3 Post by toughasnails »

Yes it's made out of magnesium. Orange :eek: it sure would stand out for sure. I agree with rtreads on the urban camo or even the color of your Jeep . If I had a spare I would send it but you are 2 months to late. I threw out a lot of stuff that was broken or trashed...I knew I should of kept it. :pat:

No one on here.... I am on here every day but was working tonight but always checking in threw out the night.
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Driller

#4 Post by Driller »

got a guy here where I live that does powder coating and I think I'll ask him today , this pm about powder coating a cf-29 lid just to see. Have noticed a lot of LACK of chatter here and on toughbook forum. I'm feeling the economic squeeze as well and so many looking for help but heard some local industry is picking up, namely at consolidated diesel and the ABB plant here where I live, it's a truly small town in eastern nc....Driller

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”