Restore disks for CF-18 mark 1 with tablet PC operating sys

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: Restore disks for CF-18 mark 1 with tablet PC operating sys

#11 Post by toughasnails »

I still have my official Panasonic CF-18 Service manual/Drivers CD
When you bought this new you got the above CD with it ? Why I ask is on the touchscreen all the drivers are on the 3 restore disks .
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Matguyver

#12 Post by Matguyver »

The other CD I have from Panasonic is the one shown in the attached file.
It has individual folders for the 95 page service manual and then each model type of the C-18.
CF18 SVM
CF-18 B mk1
CF-18 D E mk2
CF-18 F G H mk3
CF-18 K L mk4
CF-18 N P mk5
It was so long ago that I don't really remember if it came with it when new or if I ordered it "just in case" right after I bought it.
I remember contacting panasonic about getting an extra battery but it was too spendy for me after just paying for the laptop and I may have
made arrangements for getting the CD then.
toughbook CF-18 cd.jpg
toughbook CF-18 cd.jpg (37.21 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
Toughbooks, Macs and a Jeepster...Life is good!

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#13 Post by toughasnails »

Nope that was not from Panasonic. We have been warning members and ebayers for a while about THAT CD. Why pay for it when you can get all the drivers and manuals for free from Panasonic here http://www.panasonic.com/business/tough ... nloads.asp
By getting them here you know you are getting the right one's and it's very easy. It took me 6 minutes to download all your drivers (20) into a folder :D
Attachments
1A.jpg
1A.jpg (112.58 KiB) Viewed 6982 times
3A.jpg
3A.jpg (138.56 KiB) Viewed 6985 times
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Matguyver

#14 Post by Matguyver »

Hi all, so here is the latest. Used a friends Windows generic tablet pc install discs and reloaded xp. Install went fine and ended up with tablet PC 2005 including service pack 2. Went to Panasonic and downloaded all the most updated drivers as suggested from another machine and burned to a CD. When I double click on any of them on the toughpad, I get a dialog box that has a title bar like "CF-18 series software (lan driver)" and a message that says "This machine does NOT support". Any idea whats up? All of the device manager other devices are of course showing ? for audio, network, modem, video controler since they do not have the cf-18 driver. Keypad, touchpad digitizer pen all work fine. The other odd thing is that Internet explorer shows a generic icon in the system tray and will not launch. Any help would be appreciated :o
Toughbooks, Macs and a Jeepster...Life is good!

tomcat57

#15 Post by tomcat57 »

Just install wirar
Use Winrar and unpack the files
Then put them in C/utilitys , and either run the exe file for each or in device manager direct to the correct file in c/utilitys

This is my instructions for installing on the touchsceen, and should be close
These cf-18;s are fussy and driver install order is very important
Install xp
upgrade to sp-3
Now a list of drivers in order
Wifi driver only from intel And have device manager unknown network device search in the folder you downloaded
Listed on the intel download site as English: 12.2.0.0_X_Drivers.zip Download
Ver:12.2.0.0 Date:1/5/2009 Size:7133 (KB)

OS INF File driver , unextract to c: and install and reboot
Video driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
Sound driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
Modem driver unextract to C: util and install and reboot
Now you can do the backwords hotkey stuff...
Hotkey plus driver download extract and go into device manager under the second unknown device direct to the plus driver and reboot
Now the same thing with the hotkey driver as above , note there is only one uknown device in the device manager
then
touchpad driver/touchscreen driver install through device manager upgrade the mouse driver conitunue to reboot after each addition
hotkey settings
hotkey plus manager
hotkey apendex
software key board
display rotation tool

By this time you will have the keys working and you can go into the panasonic program list and modify the rotation and front key settings
Add any other drivers now that I missed

Note upgrading to sp3 might get ie working

Alex

leoroberts343

#16 Post by leoroberts343 »

Hi

I Know this page has been dead for a little while.
I've been collecting some older Toughbook models to fix up and hope to post on this forum about.

I have a cf-18 mk1 the 900Mhz model, I've made some upgrades ram and Wi-Fi (have drivers for this), I have been able to find a mix of drivers online but most sites I've found are now linking back to Panasonics dead pages or are just bloatware crap. its frustrating how crap the internet is for this sorts stuff.

Does anyone have a set of these drivers for the CF-18 mk1 or now where I could find these.

really I'm wanting to fix this driver problem for the Toughbook's and try and make them free and easily available. and if anyone has any advise on this, please share.

Many Thanks
Leo
CF-71 (MK?), CF-41 (MK3), CF-30, CF-28, CF-27, CF-25 (MK2), CF-18 (MK1), CF-07, CF-T8, CF-U1, CF-H1. SUN ultra enterprise E450 :pbjt:

mklym

#17 Post by mklym »

Leo

Try here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110722050 ... ers/cf-18/

I have d/led bluetooth driver for a CF-29MK4 running XP from that site about 10 minutes before I posted this.

Let me know how it goes.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

leoroberts343

#18 Post by leoroberts343 »

Hi mklym

thank you, I had given up on internet archive as much of the files were missing but I managed to get a few that I didn't have, I'll install these and see if that resolves all the driver issues and what supporting software it has.

I'll download everyone there and sort them out.

Many thanks
Leo
CF-71 (MK?), CF-41 (MK3), CF-30, CF-28, CF-27, CF-25 (MK2), CF-18 (MK1), CF-07, CF-T8, CF-U1, CF-H1. SUN ultra enterprise E450 :pbjt:

mklym

#19 Post by mklym »

Leo,

Download what you can from that site, then post what you are missing.
In the meantime, I will see if I might have drivers for CF-18's on a hdd somewhere.

I don't have any CF-18's anymore, but if I did, they would be running MXLinux.
My CF-29 runs well with MXLinux. Specific reason you want the windows os?

Best wishes in your endeavors.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

leoroberts343

#20 Post by leoroberts343 »

GREAT

This appears to have fixed most of the issues in device manager, one remaining, shows up as UGX and in its properties details its device instance id is "USB\VID_044&PID_3001\5&BAD87DD&0&2" Guessing this is a USB driver, I'll Try a few generic ones and see if it works.

Chose XP as I wanted to use it as an XP machine for some old lite software, I've installed a msata SSD with windows XP pro sp3 that was pre activated (saves hassle), I'm still a noob with Linux and earlier operating systems, but am enjoying learning.

it was the design and engineering that's got me into Toughbooks, was sick of flimsy plastic crap laptops that just fell apart, there's just something about a cf-28's shear mass that makes a 300mhz p3 worth it.

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”