CF-18 keyboard & memory upgrades.

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
rcx

Re: CF-18 keyboard & memory upgrades.

#11 Post by rcx »

Silver Trooper wrote:As far as the ram, it will be 1GB is max. There is 256 on the mobo and you can put in a 1GB stick, but it will only recognize 1GB.
My CF-18 mk1 running Windows 7 recognizes 1.25 GB of installed RAM (c.f. attached Task Manager screenshot). Perhaps some 1GB sticks are more compatible than others?
Attachments
W7TaskMgr.gif
W7TaskMgr.gif (38.04 KiB) Viewed 5934 times

Silver Trooper

#12 Post by Silver Trooper »

More likely because you are running W7. W7 and Vista will recognize the full amount compared to XP variants.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Abd

#13 Post by Abd »

Hi, just installed an emissive keyboard to my Mk1 18 and found it doesn't have an off setting just 4 levels of brightness, anyone found this as well? Notice no one mentions it. In other 18s and the 19s the same KB has an off setting and 3 brightness levels. On the Mk1 the KB lights as soon as i power it on and is the last thing to switch off is that true on other Mks or does it wait for a software switch? Anything in the BIOS? It seems like the settings are in the KB so why would it be different on different models? Not sure if i need to worry much about battery drain or not but it's a bizarre thing i'd like to understand.

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

#14 Post by toughasnails »

Abd wrote: Not sure if i need to worry much about battery drain or not but it's a bizarre thing i'd like to understand.
If you are worried about battery drain I would keep it on the lowest setting. I am trying to remember if my rubber keyboard has a off on it or not. It's been last summer since I used it. I use it on my 4 wheeler for GPS . That's why I use a rubber keyboard , things get a little wet and muddy :D .
I would call or send panasonic a email and ask them about the setting on the keyboard
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”