CF-18 Batteries

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
capt.dogfish

CF-18 Batteries

#1 Post by capt.dogfish »

Question? What should a good CF-18 battery give for run time? I have one I bought on eBay for $45 which shows 2 1/2 hrs in the power meter, the one in the new MK4 shows 3 hrs. There is also a new holy grail. The guy from OZ finally got my replacement battery to me, for just under his actual shipping cost, sent me an ORANGE tab battery. VZSU30B, rated at 7.56Ah as opposed to the original rated at 6.6Ah. I haven't had time to refresh it yet so I don't know how long it will run. Anyone who knows what a new battery is good for I would like to compare to the Orange one.
CAP

nine

Re: CF-18 Batteries

#2 Post by nine »

I picked up a new orange-tab from rapid-access to go in my 18, I'm getting a little under 6 hours (BatteryBar shows 5:45, but I tend to do a bit better) I'd suggest running it through a couple cycles just using it before running the refresh/calibrate. I think the cells need a few cycles to reach their full capacity. I ran mine through a refresh without cycling it first, and it's showing almost 6% wear: 53280 of 56610 mWh available. I suspect if I had run it a few more cycles before refresh/calibration, I wouldn't see that.

nine
nine

Toughbooks, I have a few :)

tomcat57

#3 Post by tomcat57 »

I have not tried a new battery yet to comment on hours and have had only used cf-18’s
The battery life on the used is typical to what your showing Cap
Just over 2hours to about 3 hours for the 6 or so cf-18’s that I have had
To me that’s quite decent and will continue to take chances on buying used battery’s when needed

Alex

Connor922

#4 Post by Connor922 »

I just picked one up off ebay and Im only getting 1:15min, I think 2-3 hours is more reasonable as a norm from the sound of thing

tomcat57

#5 Post by tomcat57 »

That 1hr would be a battery to keep around for someone that always plugs the laptop in
I don't like removing the battery completly as it acts as a ups, but if its flashing red its in the trash
Two hrs min for any usefulness, then you plug it in to the lind dc or on the stock adapter ac

Oh, and btw Welcome Connor :newbie: lol

Alex

Connor922

#6 Post by Connor922 »

LoL nice...thanks man, anyways right now I have the 1 1/2 hr batt for my 18 and one that lasts like 6 minutes. I wish I had one that was closer to 3 hrs

twillingham

#7 Post by twillingham »

The battery should be getting 4-6 hours. When I got my 18 it ran for about 6 now I am running about 4 or a little less. The problem is with these batteries I found that the shelf life for these batteries is what a few years so when they say brand new its probably ran its shelf life and thus the cells are weak I found this place that replaces the cells inside the battery when you send them your old battery they replace the cells and it runs just like it was originally meant to do meaning longer and original battery life. I have tried both and believe me buying a so called new battery on a old machine and replacing the cells is a big difference.
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”