Upgrading Ram beyond PC2700?

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
HobiesBestFriend

Upgrading Ram beyond PC2700?

#1 Post by HobiesBestFriend »

I've seen that the RAM on a CF-18 can be upgraded to 1GB. From what I can tell PC2700 DDR 333mhz SO-DIMM RAM is what I can use, but can I use others? I see PC 3200 at 400mhz etc...being offered, but don't know enough about all the numbers to know what is needed and what will be wasted or how to tell where the cutoff will be in these stats. Any help?

tomcat57

Re: Upgrading Ram beyond PC2700?

#2 Post by tomcat57 »

Did you figure out the mk#
It sounds like its a mk1,2 or 3 if you need ddr ram
Mk-1s come with pc2100
Mk-2's and 3's pc2700
Pc 3200 should work ok although I have only tried pc2700
Make sure its not ddr2 if you don't have a mk4 or mk5

Alex

HobiesBestFriend

#3 Post by HobiesBestFriend »

Yes, it's a MK2, CF-18DHB22KA. I see that originally it was assumed that only 512mb of RAM could be added, then 1Gig, so wondered if PC3200 2gb stick would also work or if it capped out at the 1gb?

Aside from upping the RAM, I figure I'll throw in a 320gb HD. As far as wireless goes, I know little to nothing. I see it has various antenna, but not sure which are still useful and which are obsolete.
I'm very much wanting to invest in the custom GPS/Bluetooth units being sold since my TB is lacking GPS, but no idea what I need to be doing to upgrade it's "WiFi-ness" if indeed that is a thing. Any suggestions?
I've rebuilt engine and whole vehicles and I'm very mechanically inclined. Played a lot with desktops too, but only hardware and never laptops so this is all new ground and I'm looking forward to the learning curve.

Silver Trooper

#4 Post by Silver Trooper »

Even assuming that the 2GB stick would work (and I have strong doubts it would), 1.5 will still be the max recognized. The stock wifi is probably a 2100 (maybe a 2200 Intel). If it is a 2200, you can use that for now, but a switch to the 600mw Engenous would be the logical choice as it is the standard around here as long as you do not desire to go into the "N" range. The stock antennas (if so equipped) will work fine.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

tomcat57

#5 Post by tomcat57 »

Please provide a link to 2GB ram
I have never seen 2GB DDR1 Ram , Its normal to see DDR2 in 2GB though
I don't want you buying the wrong ram!

Alex

Silver Trooper

#6 Post by Silver Trooper »

Hey Alex, the pictures of my latest art work are posted on the other site. Take a look and tell me what you think.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”