Question on CF-18 bluetooth board options

Post all questions and information about the CF-18 in here.
Mobus

Question on CF-18 bluetooth board options

#1 Post by Mobus »

I have a CF-18 bluetooth board and the metal bracket for it to fit onto the daughter board. I do not however have the CF-18 daughter board for it to go on. I've seen some posts about using a CF-19 daughter board in the CF-18 and the advantages of using the mini pcie on it for gps. What I am not able to find out so far is would my bluetooth board work with the CF-19 daughter board? I'm trying to find out what options are available to me.

Thanks,
Mark

Mobus

Re: Question on CF-18 bluetooth board options

#2 Post by Mobus »

I've seen some good prices on ebay for cf-19 daughter boards and bluetooth modules that go on them. What I need is some clarification on the CF-18 FAQ information below that addresses using the CF-19 daughter board in the CF-18. So my question is can I use the cf-19 bluetooth module on the cf-19 daughter board or not? The paragraph from the FAQ below sort of implies there's some connectivity issue but I'm not sure what it's referring to.

A CF-19 Daughter-board will work on a CF-18 opening up a M-PCI-express slot for your use and a usb slot. Then you can install GPS, WWAN or experiment with other cards.

"This is the word of precaution regarding the use of CF-19 HSPDA board(daughter board) into the cf-18. I've checked the schematic between the two and I've found out that one internal USB port is not align to supposed to be into the CF-18. The other usb port I suspect is a complete match into using PCIE term. and all line circuit line port for PCIE. The GPS in is line into ground automatically. It means even though if you don't have yet a GPS module on the PCIE card slot it will display on the bios having a GPS.

Now! I will conclude that the daughter board of CF-19 into the CF-18 must only be use for GPS installation using PCIE card. Nothing else. It is only a words of precautionary measure but if you gonna do further more. Go ahead and explore, Lol"

Springfield

#3 Post by Springfield »

What you are asking sounds highly experimental. Generally I would not recommend trying to put a CF-19 board in a CF-18. The part you quoted looks like something Teo would write. He is a hardware expert, able to read schematics and experiment with ideas few of the rest of us would try. It seems easier to get a scrap CF-18 of the same version as yours and salvage the daughter board.
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

I should have an CF18 board..I will look for it later on..
Life will beat you into submission.

Mobus

#5 Post by Mobus »

Shawn wrote:I should have an CF18 board..I will look for it later on..
That would make things even easier! Let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

Mobus

#6 Post by Mobus »

Springfield wrote:What you are asking sounds highly experimental. Generally I would not recommend trying to put a CF-19 board in a CF-18. The part you quoted looks like something Teo would write. He is a hardware expert, able to read schematics and experiment with ideas few of the rest of us would try. It seems easier to get a scrap CF-18 of the same version as yours and salvage the daughter board.
I'm a former Motorola Comm Tech so tracing down signals on schematics doesn't instill any fear into me lol. I was looking for more of a turn-key method to do this without having to hunt down schematics for both units and start pin-to-pin comparisons effectively "re-inventing the wheel" when someone may have already done it. What I got out of the FAQ was yes it works, but maybe not. Just didn't instill enough confidence to spend the money on a "maybe".

Shawn

#7 Post by Shawn »

I do not have one, but this looks like what you want..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Tough ... 5ae09546d6

This thread has some info..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/panason ... r-out.html
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#8 Post by mklym »

Contact forum member teo. I sent him some CF-18s and parts, including some daughter cards.
He is working long hours, so be patient if you do contact him, it might take a few days before he sees your PM.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Mobus

#9 Post by Mobus »

Shawn wrote:I do not have one, but this looks like what you want..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Tough ... 5ae09546d6

This thread has some info..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/panason ... r-out.html

I picked that daughter board up. The bracket that's on there is an identical match to the bracket that came with the bluetooth board I bought for $6 on ebay previously. Should be just a matter of securing it down with the screws and plugging it all up. Thanks for the heads up!

Mark

Mobus

#10 Post by Mobus »

mklym wrote:Contact forum member teo. I sent him some CF-18s and parts, including some daughter cards.
He is working long hours, so be patient if you do contact him, it might take a few days before he sees your PM.
I got the daughter board Shawn mentioned before I saw your post. But I'll keep that in mind in case I need any other parts.

Return to “CF-18 Talk (Discontinued Model)”