Thanks to a little inspiration from Ken, I present to you: Toughbooktalk Cloud! This can be a little confusing to begin with! However, DO NOT PANIC! It's BEYOND simple once you figure it out! If you have questions please post them here or CALL ME! (630-300-8877).http://toughbooktalk.com/cloudIf you want a log-in, PLEASE PM ME and I'll create you one!
To change your password. Go to the upper right corner where you see your username with a down arrow. Hit it and "Personal". From there you can change your password to a normal one! You can get back to the main "Files" section by hitting "Files" in the left hand column. I've left "Bookmarks" there too so you can also save your Bookmarks. Other apps/plugins can be added as we go forward based on what we want to do, so just let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.
Toughbooktalk Cloud is a place for EVERYONE (In the hidden group) to share files, documents, PDF's, programs, or whatever they so desire. This program is intuitive and genius. How did we NOT think of this earlier!? Currently, with this system, we can do the following:
1) Share files with the entire group (Toughbooktalk group). Just start typing "tou..." and click on "Toughbooktalk (Group)"
2) Share files with only individual users only (for example: Let's say Jeff wants to give a PDF document on a Motherboard schematic to Teo). Jeff can upload it share it with just Teo!
3) Shared files can be set to expire at a certain time (Just hit the "Set expiration date" check box). then select the date you want
4) Shared files can have specific permissions listed below that can be set by the person that uploaded it. To share with users just type the first few letters of the user.
For example: AD will auto fill with ADOR.
c. Share with other users AGAIN (So if Jeff shares with Teo, you can set it so Teo can then share it with ADOR).
d. Ideally we would just check the box that says "can edit" as that AUTOMATICALLY selects all three options. However if you hover to the right of the name of the person that you want to share it with
, you'll see the "can edit" box and little arrow that points down to select specific options.
e. Remove share (Just hit the little X on the right)
5) Likewise you can share with people that are NOT part of our cloud by following this:
a. Shared as a link (Hit the "Share with link" check box)
a.sub) From there the link automatically generates below it that you can copy and paste
b. Shared as a link that is PASSWORD protected!
c. Email as a link
d. Email as a link that is PASSWORD protected!
e. Set an expiration date
6) Additionally: You can select a bunch of files (Or all the files) via the check boxes and hit the "Download" button. It will AUTOMATICALLY zip up the files into ONE file and then you are presented to download ONE nice Zip file.
7) Deleted items folder = Recycle bin. Feel free to empty it ever now and then
Obviously I have access on the back end to all the files and I can move and manipulate them accordingly. If you need a file moved to the public_downloads area then let me know and I can do whatever we need to do. The site overall appears to be a little sluggish. No, it’s NOT you. I am still working on this. Also, I will work on getting an easy button on the front page of Toughbooktalk.com which is easier to link to get to the Cloud as well at the Public_downloads section!!
Please let me know if there is anything more that I can do to make this even better! Enjoy!
Please see the inline picture here showing what is what!
Untitled.jpg [ 31.99 KiB | Viewed 5076 times ]