Mouse pad stopped working

Post all questions and information about the CF-20 in here.
Adolfo

Mouse pad stopped working

#1 Post by Adolfo »

Hi all, Did anyone struggle with CF-20 mouse pad not working after a while of operation? and once it stops won't come back in my case. Not even in Bios.

I tried another functional Keyboard base that was previously working with another tablet and won't work. I replaced the whole dock connector (tablet) and installed it from the functional unit, and I didn't work. I am guessing is a MB issue, all updates done (Bios / Firmware) nothing have worked so far. If anyone has any idea I will appreciate a lot!

Rich

Re: Mouse pad stopped working

#2 Post by Rich »

Have you tried an external mouse? Check device manager and see if the driver is still there. Try reinstalling driver from Panasonic site. I will take a look at my 20 when I get to work tomorrow and look around at settings. Let’s hope it’s not the mb.
We get some rules to follow.
That and this, these and those

CF-20 Mk1, CF-31 Mk5 i7, CF-31 Mk6 i7, FZ-G1 Mk2, CF-54 Mk2, CF-29 Mk5, CF-74J,
Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

Rich

#3 Post by Rich »

Go to settings, devices, touchpad. Make sure it is toggled on. There are keystrokes (hot keys) in windows that can turn stuff on and off. My wife has disabled keyboard, mousepad and WiFi on her corporate laptop, without knowing how it happened.

Star Labs Star Lite Mk3, Star Labs Labtop Mk3, Raspberry Pi 4b 8gb, Raspberry Pi-400, Raspberry Zero W(running piaware), Raspberry Pi 2

Adolfo

#4 Post by Adolfo »

Rich wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:30 pm Go to settings, devices, touchpad. Make sure it is toggled on. There are keystrokes (hot keys) in windows that can turn stuff on and off. My wife has disabled keyboard, mousepad and WiFi on her corporate laptop, without knowing how it happened.
Thanks for the ideas, I already did it and didn't work. As I mentioned, not even in BIOS will work, but USB and other ports are functional. But the problem is not keyboard (as far as I know) since the same keyboard base tested with another tablet works normal.

Rich

#5 Post by Rich »

That's all I've got. Maybe Rob, Shawn or Jeff have an idea.

Adolfo

#6 Post by Adolfo »

Rich wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:41 pm That's all I've got. Maybe Rob, Shawn or Jeff have an idea.
Thank you anyways, I am about to deemed as MB failure.

ADOR

#7 Post by ADOR »

Have you tried a live linux OS to test it out and make sure it isn't some kind of weird issue with the current OS.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#8 Post by Rob »

To the OP, this is a manufactures defect. You will be SOL on this as both the motherboard and keyboard will need to be replaced.

The CF-20 MK1 and CF-33 manufactured before 2018 all had this issue. We've seen THOUSANDS of motherboards and keyboards replaced under warranty due to this issue too at Rugged Depot.

Panasonic sh1T the bed big time and you are unfortunately SOL on this unless you bought the extended 5 year warranty.

Thanks,
ROB
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Adolfo

#9 Post by Adolfo »

Rob wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm To the OP, this is a manufactures defect. You will be SOL on this as both the motherboard and keyboard will need to be replaced.

The CF-20 MK1 and CF-33 manufactured before 2018 all had this issue. We've seen THOUSANDS of motherboards and keyboards replaced under warranty due to this issue too at Rugged Depot.

Panasonic sh1T the bed big time and you are unfortunately SOL on this unless you bought the extended 5 year warranty.

Thanks,
ROB
Thanks Rob, you actually answered killed two birds with one stone! I posted as well regarding the CF-33's issue. Anyways at least I know is a waste of time keep trying random things on these models. :(

Return to “CF-20 Talk (Current Model)”