CRAP, I broke some stuff...

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
interestingfellow

CRAP, I broke some stuff...

#1 Post by interestingfellow »

Ok,
I had replaced the serial board and touch glass in my mk1, and it still had intermittent issues. So, I had concluded that either the cable was bad, or 2 glass panels in a row were bad. Crossing my fingers, i swapped the lcd and cable (god knows i'm not about to try and unhook/hook all those tiny wires) and all went well. LCD and touch are both great! (for now)

I had originally used some rg316 to connect my 860 to the oem wwan antenna I added, and figured replacing that thick ace cable would stress the lcd cable less. So I did.

And when I went to tuck the slack of the oem lead from the card, it unplugged my touch pad lead.
Cracked the case open, and then broke the lock on the mono's mouse ffc receptacle.
Unscrewed the mobo, and tilted it up to look at the connector, and ripped the mic connector off the other side of the mobo. crap, I can't win for losing.

where do I acquire the lock portion of that damn tiny ffc connector. I just chucked 2 busted laptops that I know dern well probably had what I needed.

As far as the mic connector goes, I'll just have to solder it on later. Friggin tiny ass solder points :mad:

And what makes it really annoying: I keep forgetting the touch pad isn't working. I'm gonna try and jam some thin plastic in with the connector, and see how it goes.

interestingfellow

Re: CRAP, I broke some stuff...

#2 Post by interestingfellow »

I really like how the board edited my post.... this is just a test:
(I listed every curse word i could think of, and it didn't edit any of them)
must only apply to subject lines?

Also, wow, my antenna lead must have been screwed up, cuase the oem lead is giving me almost double the signal.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”