Good News but now some more questions..Lol

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
AKnReaper

Good News but now some more questions..Lol

#1 Post by AKnReaper »

Ok,
First the good news. I have figured out what was wrong when attempting add my new SSD, it urned out that the xady clips were broken and not allowing the computer to see it 99.8% of the time, I know I finally was able to load Win XP Pro SP3 on to it, until I had to plug it into the router to get the drivers for the lan card then NOTHING.. Sigh I finally pulled out the caddy and sure enough it was not connecting all the way. No amount of cursing pleading or brute force made it work :doh: :blowaway: ... SOOO now I am currently waiting to for my new caddy and then go from there.

I use my CF-29 for various things including HAM, SAR etc.

Now this leads me to some other questions looking for parts.
First here is what I have:
CF-29NTQGZBM

Current upgrades: Max Ram and 128SSD.
  • 1. I was wondering if it would behoove me to upgrade the PRO/Wireless 2915ABG to a new model (I believe there is only one I can upgrade to).
    2. How does the stock GPS modules vs the aftermarket modules compare, also is there topo programs that integrate with them? I do a lot of off roading as well as GSAR. Also are they a pain to install?
    3. Bluetooh and phones (specifically iPhone 6S) can you transfer data and such?
    4. Backlit submissive keyboard.
Would these be a decent investment or should I upgrade to a CF-30/31? I do not have tons of cash and it kinda seems hit or miss on some of those. I figured i could always get a base model and upgrade the RAM etc if it had the rest.

Reaper

SHEEPMAN!

Re: Good News but now some more questions..Lol

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

My recommendation...is a MK3 either CF-30 maybe in the budget or CF-31 probably not. Although CF-31 J (MK2) are coming down in price.

Please don't try to cheapen the deal with a MK1......Issues issues issues.

For instance de-lamination of touch screen on CF-30 MK1.....etc. etc.

I have a couple MK-3 (CF-30) laying around. Oh, yeah and a 31JE......
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

ADOR

#3 Post by ADOR »

As said above if you need more get a Mk2/3 Cf-30. You will gain newer wifi, SATA interface, SD card reader, express card slot, dual core, ddr2 ram (4gb easy), newer/better graphics. You current 29 battery and charger will work with the 30 also.

On the 29 I have a 66 channel custom toughbooks gps unit and it works very well but it's pricey. I did it when 30's were still real expensive.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

AKnReaper

#4 Post by AKnReaper »

Ok, another couple of questions arise now. First off with the GPS how does this work, i.e. cellular based or is it true GPS (like garmins etc no need for cellular access). I seen this while browsing the other dayhttp://www.panasonictoughbooks.net/toughbook-gps anyone know anything about this GPS, is it better that than the OEM, just kinda curious since they seem to be touting their toughbooks.

Secondly the CF-30s already have SATA interface already available stock or just an easy upgrade.
Sadlmkr wrote:My recommendation...is a MK3 either CF-30 maybe in the budget or CF-31 probably not. Although CF-31 J (MK2) are coming down in price.

Please don't try to cheapen the deal with a MK1......Issues issues issues.

For instance de-lamination of touch screen on CF-30 MK1.....etc. etc.

I have a couple MK-3 (CF-30) laying around. Oh, yeah and a 31JE......
So what are the specs and maybe work out a deal :D

Reaper

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”