Recovery CD to DVD Help

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
AKnReaper

Recovery CD to DVD Help

#1 Post by AKnReaper »

Ok here is the SITREP:

CF-29NTQGZBM
I have replaced the HDD with a SSD, and adapter with a Kingston 120Gb with a Toughtech IDE/SATA adapter cable. That is only modifications done, besides increasing the RAM to the max.

So here is the problem I have been facing. I need to slipstream the drivers into the recovery disks so it will recognize the HD, however I cannot get any program to see the ISO to open it. I have attempted to use a XP Pro SP3 recovery disk, it allows me to format/partition and such, but it will not allow me to install XP. I have tried the F6 option, however there are no options for drivers. I found the drivers to add, however I have no way to access the ISO image to add them since they are in a 3 disk set. I even attempted to use a USB install and it failed as well.

Now my options I can see at this point are these:
1. Find a single DVD restore ISO and slipstream the drivers in. I have found this http://www.toughbookrescue.com/toughbook-cf-29.html, however I am not sure that it is a single DVD version or if it is a 3 CD set.

2. Find a way to combined the recovery disks I have into one DVD, if this is possible does anyone know where I can find the software and instructions at?

This is driving me up the wall at this point lol. :doh:

Thanks in advance

Reaper

Shawn

Re: Recovery CD to DVD Help

#2 Post by Shawn »

I can not recall of anyone successfully combining the 3 iso files into one.
This program will let you edit and recompile iso files
https://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Life will beat you into submission.

AKnReaper

#3 Post by AKnReaper »

I have nLite, I wonder if this is the same type of program.

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

No. nLite is for integration of files into a windows install disk.
Ultraiso is for editing iso image files. Edit meaning adding or deleting files.

nLite will not work on any Toughbook recovery disk because Toughbook recovery disk are NOT windows install disks. They are images of the entire hard drive with windows already installed.
Life will beat you into submission.

AKnReaper

#5 Post by AKnReaper »

So i have seen. I am trying to figure out how to use this and put in the mass storage drivers. Not a lot of info on the subject.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”