Dead CMOS battery or???

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
Shawn

Re: Dead CMOS battery or???

#11 Post by Shawn »

I would do what we tell ALL NEWBIES..load the original recovery image to insure what we are working with...
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#12 Post by mklym »

I like milk! :)
I am running Memtest86 v4.3.6 on the unit with the 1GB Panny memory installed. On test #8 and no errors yet.
Not sure what burn in program you mean.
I do like milk! :)
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

Did not have one in mind but I'll find some.

http://www.passmark.com/products/rebooter.htm
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#14 Post by mklym »

Shawn wrote:I would do what we tell ALL NEWBIES..load the original recovery image to insure what we are working with...
Thanks for that. ;)

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

mklym

#15 Post by mklym »

I ran Memtest for over 6hrs, 5 passes with no errors. The unit boots normally. Seems that it might have been the memory stick was not properly/fully seated. Pulling it and reinstalling it seems to have done the trick.
Main priority is getting FoxtrotGPS working in SolydX.
Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions.
L8R :salute:

Toughbook

#16 Post by Toughbook »

After I posted about the CMOS battery and then came back to this thread... I was thinking that I have never seen a dead CMOS battery in a Toughbook... Even OLD ones. But I have replaced close to a dozen for friends in their laptops over the past 2 years or so in their old laptops. (Dulls & IBMs)

Glad you got this sorted...
Rugged Toughbooks of all types... CF-31s, CF-30s, CF-29s, CF-19s, CF-52s, CF-53s, CF-74s, CF-H2... Hmmm... What else can I buy, build or modify?

mklym

#17 Post by mklym »

I originally thought of the CMOS battery because of the errors on boot.
The unit has been working normally since I removed and reinstalled the memory.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”