TP-LINK TL-WN861N 300Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Adapter in MK4?

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
mklym

TP-LINK TL-WN861N 300Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Adapter in MK4?

#1 Post by mklym »

The wifi adapter in my CF-29LTQGZBM keeps dropping the signal. I can not find any EnGenius EMP 8602+S cards but did find this TP-LINK TL-WN861N 300Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Adapter card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TP-LINK-TL-WN86 ... 2583f8a0af

Does anyone know if it will work with my 29, running Linux?

Thanks.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

Re: TP-LINK TL-WN861N 300Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Adapter in M

#2 Post by Shawn »

Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#3 Post by mklym »

Well, the Search Ninja does it again! :) I had searched ebay for 'EnGenius EMP 8603' and got nothing. Thank Shawn.

I would still like to know if any members have used the TP-LINK card as it does 'N' band. Thanks.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

teo

#4 Post by teo »

This is also a good alternative. I used this back when modding the M34 & 29. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261444136204?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

teo

mklym

#5 Post by mklym »

Right on. Good info. Thanks. Appreciate it.

kode-niner

#6 Post by kode-niner »

That EnGenius EMP 8603 looks kinda' nuts. I'd almost consider it if I could find adapters for the MMCX antennae sockets. One of my 29's could use the extra transmit range in a specific location I have in mind.
Daily drives a CF-31

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”