New member looking for help and info

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
waltervan

New member looking for help and info

#1 Post by waltervan »

Hi all my name Walter just needing to pick your brains before I start looking for a new TB

I have a CF29ewpnzbm acting a little strange. It works fine for work but I recently decided to start using it as my everyday everything and have noticed the video and audio like in Youtube is just all screwed up very choppy and PDF tend to lock the TB up

issue #2 wifi speed goes up and down speed only signal is alway 100% I have tried several wifi all the same good signal fast -- slow speed

Issue#3 Touchscreen has never worked except when I have it out in the sun and it heats up it will start to work until it cools back down

Question
#1 I believe its a MK2 where can I find a restore CD I tried Ebay and got screwed

Thanks in advance
#2 Do yall think a restore will help issues 1 & 2

#3 I have been thinking of just getting a CF30 wheres the best place to start looking?

Shawn

Re: New member looking for help and info

#2 Post by Shawn »

Bottom needs removed and thermal pads replaced.
Touchscreen is bad and needs replaced.

Look on the Buy sell trade forum here.
Here is one just sold. I'm sure he has similar units.

http://www.toughbooktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1768
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#3 Post by mklym »

Walter,
Contact Rob on the forum here about restore discs. He might be able to help you out. The restore discs might help with 1 & 2 but not very well or not very long without replacing the thermal pads. As for whether Sadlmkr has any CF-30's left, I can say with full confidence that 'Yes, he does. You will be hard pressed to find a CF-30 that works better than his for a cheaper price. Excellent person to deal with, you'll see. :D '

Hope that helps.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Good advise above. :)
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

waltervan

#5 Post by waltervan »

Thanks for the info I checked the thermo pad and who ever rebuilt this thing used grease so I'll be taking care of that ASAP

waltervan

#6 Post by waltervan »

Well I found some thermo pad and used it and also found a wifi anttana unplugged
Got it all put back together and now temp stays around 44c haven't had a hand to really test it but temp was holding 70c from start up and hovered around 90c+ so looks like a big improvement so far
Thanks again for the help

Shawn

#7 Post by Shawn »

GROOVY
Life will beat you into submission.

mac1_131

#8 Post by mac1_131 »

Sometimes you can make the touchscreen work by folding the gummy edge of a sticky note inside out and use it to sweep out the inside edges of the screen. Almost always what messes them up is dirt around the four edges. Sometimes you luck out and can clean the crud out, sometimes not. Worth a try. I can get about 50% to work, the rest need the touch glass replaced ($125 part)

safn1949

#9 Post by safn1949 »

I have the restore disc set rolling around,you can have it.Pm me
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”