Bad Battery or Motherboard problem

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
twillingham

Bad Battery or Motherboard problem

#1 Post by twillingham »

My battery wont charge the indicator light continually flashes red. If I remove the battery and put it back in the indicator light stays orange for about sixty seconds then flashes red continually thereafter. i thought even if the battery was bad, it would still charge and run for a short amount of time. This battery wont charge and the battery refresh program just runs for over 8 hours with nothing Is this a bad battery or is something else going on?
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

tomcat57

Re: Bad Battery or Motherboard problem

#2 Post by tomcat57 »

Flashing red means one of two things
1) Defective battery
2) faulty charging system

Alex

twillingham

#3 Post by twillingham »

i think it might be the latter when i run the battery calibration program it says 50 per cent and charge status but yet the program runs all day and nothing changes is there a sure fire way to tell which is the problem i really dont want to spend 100 for a battery and it wont charge either
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

teo

#4 Post by teo »

twillingham wrote:i think it might be the latter when i run the battery calibration program it says 50 per cent and charge status but yet the program runs all day and nothing changes is there a sure fire way to tell which is the problem i really dont want to spend 100 for a battery and it wont charge either

Your battery is dead you need a replacement one.

teo

tomcat57

#5 Post by tomcat57 »

twillingham wrote:i think it might be the latter when i run the battery calibration program it says 50 per cent and charge status but yet the program runs all day and nothing changes is there a sure fire way to tell which is the problem i really dont want to spend 100 for a battery and it wont charge either
In the panasonic utilities there is a program called pc information viewer
In that program under battery you can see your battery charge rate
Or a free program called Batterybar
If it is 0 you know for sure that its not charging
Teo is 99% correct that its a battery issue though, its not common to have the charging system fail

Alex

twillingham

#6 Post by twillingham »

Yep the battery charge rate is O I guess I will be shopping for a battery

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”