BIOS Password

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
twillingham

BIOS Password

#1 Post by twillingham »

Can anybody help with bios password and how to reset it. I recently got some information and how to do it. I took out the battery and unplugged the piece going into the motherboard that was under the memory cover. I left it undone all night and tried to enter the bios and still asking me for a password. Does anyone a different method
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Silver Trooper

Re: BIOS Password

#2 Post by Silver Trooper »

This may sound like a stupid question, but you did pull the main battery?
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

twillingham

#3 Post by twillingham »

No can you direct me on how to get to it.
CF-73 (MK5) Windows XP, Intel 2.0, 80 gig HD. WiFi, Intel 2915 A/B/G, 1 Gig Ram, DVD/CDRW

Silver Trooper

#4 Post by Silver Trooper »

As you look down from the front, there will be two doors to the left, the one towards the front is the battery. Open the door and pull the tab to remove the battery. Pull both batteries (main and BIOS) and leave them out for at least an hour. That should do the trick.
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

twillingham

#5 Post by twillingham »

i pulled the main battery and dont see the cmos battery is it in a different compartment

twillingham

#6 Post by twillingham »

i have pulled the main battery out where is the cmos battery located

teo

#7 Post by teo »

twillingham wrote:No can you direct me on how to get to it.

dam..it, I type to long and when I hit the submit button I need to login again and its all gone. Anyway, Sorry I need to erased my posted ans.

This discussion suppose to be on hidden area. "Rob" or "Alex" Can you move this to a hidden discussion.

teo

twillingham

#8 Post by twillingham »

this is the yellow round battery with black and red wire attached to it and runs to the mobo and the plug is connected to the mobo and you can access the plug under the memory cover i disconnected it last night all night and that didnt work

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

#9 Post by Rob »

I'm not going to move this to the hidden area yet. Teo, just post whatever you were going to post.

Thanks
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

Silver Trooper

#10 Post by Silver Trooper »

twillingham wrote:this is the yellow round battery with black and red wire attached to it and runs to the mobo and the plug is connected to the mobo and you can access the plug under the memory cover i disconnected it last night all night and that didnt work
But did you have BOTH the backup (yellow) battery AND the main battery out at the same time? Pull both, wait an hour or so and then put them back in and try again. Oh, and not to forget, DO NOT have the unit on AC power. NO power, nothing, for at least an hour!

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”