New CF-29 TB owner stopping in to say hi.

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
hangfire77

New CF-29 TB owner stopping in to say hi.

#1 Post by hangfire77 »

Hi all,
I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I just picked up a CF-29 off of CL for work. I don't need a gaming system or a system that runs rings around others. I mostly use hyper terminal and light processing. Throw in excel and word and that's about it.

I have access to a CF-30 at work but I share it with 32 other techs. That makes it hard to personalize it to me. Anyway I paid $170 out the door for it and it guess I should have bargained a little harder lol.
I guess you get what you pay for, things looked fine and seemed to run fine but the DVD he had in it is from a hp. It doesn't quite fit so he put tape around the caddy to keep it together. Then the optic drive doesn't load CDs correctly.

The bottom of the TB has a coa for Xp but it has windows 7 I would rather have Xperia on it just so it runs smooth. Model number on the base is cf-29ctkgzdm but I need to check the bios to verify. The model number look like it may be tampered with.

Anyway I may be on here trying to get some info and parts lol. Once I verify the model my first step is finding recovery disk. I am pming with sadlemaker about an optic caddy.

Any way guys take care and thanks in advance for any help

toughasnails
Toughbooktalk Moderator

Re: New CF-29 TB owner stopping in to say hi.

#2 Post by toughasnails »

Welcome to Toughbook Talk

Sounds like you need a new face plate on your cd-rom, the HP are different but are easy to change. Check the BIOS and let us know what you have.
Model Number : CF-29CTKGZDM
MSRP : $4,488

Description: Pentium M 1.2GHz (Centrino), 13.3" Transmissive touch screen, 40GB HDD, 256 MB RAM, 56K/LAN, FDD, Intel PRO Wireless LAN, WIN 2000
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
CF-54 MK2 Samsung SSD512GB, 16GB memory
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Samsung Note 8
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com

hangfire77

#3 Post by hangfire77 »

Here is the bios information
Model CF-29CTKGZDM
SERIAL 3KKYA04070
CPU type intel (R)
CPU speed 1.2 ghz
Bios v1.00L13
Imbed control V1.10L10
Sys memory 1280 MB
PRI MASTER 60GB
SEC MASTER none

I am pming with sadlmkr now to try and get the cd DVD issue straight. I am starting to think my caddy may be ok it the optic itself that's the issue. The caddy was held together with tape so all I'm missing are the screws. It has a hp DVD player in it so I think the reason it won't boot from tc is the R2 mod hasn't been done. I tried posting pics but they are coming out huge. Any ideas a on how to make them smaller?

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

If you have the caddy already then you just need a working DVDROM. I'll modify the package a bit if so.

What OS are you using for the pictures? M$ ?

Do a search for image resize (r).

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”