Quick and dirty CF-29 handle fix

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
mac1_131

Quick and dirty CF-29 handle fix

#1 Post by mac1_131 »

I found a pretty quick and dirty way to fix the handle that has worn to where it does not snap in place when nested. I read of several different approaches, learning that it was the slight oversize of the lugs that makes it snap in place.

So I took my handle apart while on the toughbook with a right angle screwdriver, and my goal was just to occupy some space somewhere so the lugs would snap down tight again.

I found that if I took a little piece of package thin cardboard (say like off a package of AA batteries) and cut it to about 1/2" X 1/4", and stuffed it in at the end of the lug, vertically, right up where the tip of the lug rests in the handle, it would occupy some space and the handle snapped down nicely.

I put one in on each side, and it really snapped in tight. I thought that might be too much and induce more wear, so I took one back out and just put it in on one side and it was just right.

Not sure how long it will last before it wears out, but for now it is a great ten minute fix.

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”