screen protector?

Post all questions and information about the CF-29 in here.
rbuljo

screen protector?

#1 Post by rbuljo »

just came to think of a screen protector. seen little mentioned about this. are they often replaced, needed? should i buy a new one? im not really aware if i got one since i yet have not received my TB.. hurry usps, damnit!!)

have a good weekend everyone!
Panasonic Toughbook CF-29NTQGZBM, PM 1.6Ghz, 512MB, 80GB HDD.

Sony Vaio Z. i7 M620 @ 2.67Ghz, 8GB, 4X62GB Raid-0, Full HD 13.1"

ares93

Re: screen protector?

#2 Post by ares93 »

I was told mine had some minor scratches on the protector as well. Nowt on the screen. But the protector might need replacing.

The screen protector is standard on the Toughbooks. I don't know if its a factory thing or simply common sense on the owners' part, but almost every single one has them. Inspect the screen when you get it. If you deem it necessary, then replace it. They're 15-20 quid on fleabay. Me mate has an early CF-29 with over 18000 hours, I believe. Managed to get it running yesterday evening. And underneath the screen protector, the screen was brand new. I'd say that it's indeed vital.

On a sidenote, mine is being sorted for overseas shipping in San Bernardino, California. It seems USPS picked it up from the seller. Ran his zip code through Google, incidentally he drives a Volvo 240, just like me. Although I believe his is a Turbo. Excellence in Swedish engineering. :salute:
CF-29LTQGZBM, MK4, 1526mb, KingSpec 64GB SSD, DVD, GPS, Emissive, XP SP3

rbuljo

Re: screen protector?

#3 Post by rbuljo »

will order one anyhow. found a norwegian firm that sells protective films.

could anybody measure the exact height and width of the screen so i can order the film?

they had one film that measured 272mmX204mm / 10.71"x8.03" maybe that would fit?
Panasonic Toughbook CF-29NTQGZBM, PM 1.6Ghz, 512MB, 80GB HDD.

Sony Vaio Z. i7 M620 @ 2.67Ghz, 8GB, 4X62GB Raid-0, Full HD 13.1"

Return to “CF-29 Talk (Discontinued Model)”