Zorin 10 released

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
Shawn

Re: Zorin 10 released

#11 Post by Shawn »

ok...
so a search resulted in this. :rolleyes:

In psychology, an idiot has the least intelligence on the IQ scale..Specifically, those who have an IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots. A moron is smarter than an idiot :stupid:

and

Ignorant is just someone who does not know something. For instance you can be a mathematical genius but ignorant in the ways of sports, and vice versa. Technically every person on the planet could be considered ignorant of something, but it's not usually used unless we notice a considerable lack of education. :read: :read:

So Jeff is correct..ignorant is the proper term...
But there are not any funny messages about an ignorant error on a computer... :hijacked:
Life will beat you into submission.

SHEEPMAN!

#12 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Where does stupid fall in there. I do that a lot. :boing:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

I'll look..
in the meantime

the words moron, imbecile, and idiot mean different things. In psychology, an idiot has the least intelligence on the IQ scale (this now is equivalent to someone who is mentally retarded or the more politically correct “mentally challenged”); an imbecile is not quite as dumb as an idiot and is now considered equivalent to moderate retardation; a moron is then the highest level of intelligence for someone who is mentally retarded, thus considered as being mildly mentally retarded. Specifically, those who have an IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots; IQs between 26 and 50 are considered imbeciles; and those who have an IQ between 51 and 70 are considered morons.

fun facts

In Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Ohio, idiots don’t have the right to vote.
Ironically, the term retarded was used to replace the terms idiot, moron, and imbecile due to the fact that these terms gradually became thought of as derogatory. This obviously only worked for a while and now “retarded” is itself considered a derogatory term. It seems any word that basically means “low intelligence” is fated to be thought of as derogatory eventually. So it’s only a matter of time before politically correct terms like “mentally handicapped” will come to be derogatory themselves.
Retarded comes from the Latin “retardare”, which means “to make slow, delay, keep back, or hinder”. The first record of its use for someone considered mentally deficient was in 1895.
The first IQ test was created by French psychologists Alfred Binet and Theodore Simon in 1911. This initial test measure intelligence by having children point to their nose and count pennies.
In California, idiots are one of six types of people who are not capable of committing any form of crime. In 2007 the term “idiot” was replace with “persons who are mentally incapacitated” in the California legal wording of the penal code on this issue.
The word “moron” was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard and was derived from the ancient Greek word “moros”, which meant “dull”.
“Idiot” derives from the ancient Greek, “idio”, meaning “person lacking professional skill” or “mentally deficient person incapable of ordinary reasoning”.

:hijacked: :stupid:

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

here you go..

In Understanding Stupidity, James F. Welles defines stupidity this way: "The term may be used to designate a mentality which is considered to be informed, deliberate and maladaptive." Welles distinguishes stupidity from ignorance; one must know they are acting in their own worst interest. Secondly, it must be a choice, not a forced act or accident. Lastly, it requires the activity to be maladaptive, in that it is in the worst interest of the actor, and specifically done to prevent adaption to new data or existing circumstances."

Stupid means that you know better and do it anyway...
Ignorant means you don't know any better, but can learn
Idiot means you can't learn.

UNCNDL1

#15 Post by UNCNDL1 »

Forest Gumps mom quotes: "...stupid is what stupid does"....
I was going to download Zorin 10 for fun, but went to their website: http://zorinos.com/download.html
Z10 only good till 2016, whilst Z9 good till 2019. I have an ultimate version of Z9 so will just keep that available....
Still going to try Z10, why not, right?
Wow (without words), my 52GUN wlan has been acting up, I replaced with Shawn's favorite Ubiquiti SR71-E and voila...streaming at 300 mps with Zorin9, screenshot to follow:
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”