linux and raspberry pi

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
Mxx20

linux and raspberry pi

#1 Post by Mxx20 »

I know it's not a toughbook but it's interesting. Anyone have any experience? Overclocking? Feedback?

It's all based of Linux... I'm fed up with the Android TV boxes I've got and want something else lol

ADOR

Re: linux and raspberry pi

#2 Post by ADOR »

Glitch works with those. But he is knee keep in a truck project and school right now.

http://www.toughbooktalk.com/memberlist ... le&u=26377

I got one of the new PI 2's, but haven't got deep into it yet. I would start with them quad core with 1gb of ram.

As far as tv boxes go what boxes do you have? I have two fire sticks and haven't had any issues with them, can even play games on them as they are a dual core android device.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Mxx20

#3 Post by Mxx20 »

Right now I've got one Mx3, and three kr42 boxes. The Mx3 has disappointed me, that's why I want to try a pi2. Actually ordered the pieces to build one that was over kill. Ever since we cancelled cable these and an antenna are all we use. Mx3 has proven to not be dependable.

I'm wondering what os will run the best for my use

glitch

#4 Post by glitch »

I havent done much with tv boxes.

I did find out if you over heat a pi it throttles back. Overclock only if you provide good heat sinks and possibly a fan. Standard fans are 12 volt, the Pi fans are 5 volt and noisy. I havent found a good way to cool it. I am thinking a dual voltage supply. I have a tiny 12 volt fan. Most of the heat in the Pi 2 is in the cpu.

People make everything from cell phones to robots with the Pi. It really is a cool little thing.

I got a case for mine, if I had time I would head out to the shop to build a proper case in the mold of a Toughbook!

If you get one make sure its the latest, Pi -2. Its so much faster than the old one.
glitch

CF-19 Mk-1 / CF-M34 / CF-27 / CF-28 / CF-29 Mk-1 / CF-H1 Field/Health

“The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.” Heraclitus ~5 bc

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”