Makulu

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
mklym

Re: Makulu

#51 Post by mklym »

I should add that the desktop icons are gone and the right click does not work. Those things are not related to Variety, which seems to reaffirm that the problem is with something more basic in the OS and not with an individual program.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#52 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

http://makululinux.com/makululinux-10-a ... a-2-links/ described as a FUN BUILD by the author.

I'm liking this even though it apes (according to one poster) Windows in desktop configurations. Of course I am easy to please....if it uses super key for the menu I'm half sold already.

Comes pre-configured with the stuff I use:
Chromium...still getting use to speed dial.
WPS suite
Leafpad text editor in favorites already.
The favorites is sorta full so to get Chromium up there I deleted two of the WPS apps. (removed from favorites)
Makulu Constructor is AOK in my book after watching the video five times. (On Makululinux-9...not tried on Aero-10 yet)
AdblockPlus is there already.
Ran xinput_calibrator from terminal rather that GUI. (after updating repositories)

What's the consensus on Hola Better Internet?

Later,

J'd :salute:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

UNCNDL1

#53 Post by UNCNDL1 »

I'm on a MK2 CF-30 and running the xfce lite version of Makulu9 found here:
http://makululinux.com/xfce/
This is the "lean" version of the "full" system also offered. I then downloaded via synaptic my favorite programs: Shutter, Xinput-Calibrator, FireFox Browser, K3B...maybe one or two more.
Of course, I also ran updates first. Then I ran the Makulu Constructor program, which makes a 1:1 clone of the custom setup. Here's a screen shot of it making a bootable iso now. Once it's all finished, you will see this message:
MakuluLinux Constructor Completed. Your ISO has been placed in /home/snapshot/ DirectoryI
Now, I can burn this to a formatted usb drive and use this as a live, bootable, custom linux distribution. Try it, you'll like it...
Attachments
Workspace 1_001.png
Workspace 1_001.png (300.71 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
Last edited by UNCNDL1 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

UNCNDL1

#54 Post by UNCNDL1 »

Okay, the constructor works. What this means is huge. You can customize a lite version of Linux, add your favorite programs, and create a new snapshot/iso of the system. Then you can make a new, bootable usb of the new system...Of course, I added Sadlmkr's whisker menu magic before creating the new image. Keyboard shortcuts are great. It even kept my calibrate touchscreen numbers stored, and working on the fleet of CF-30's looking for a new home...
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”