linux gps map software

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
mklym

Re: linux gps map software

#31 Post by mklym »

Ya, I thought it was strange operation. As far as I know, mine is OEM GPS unit, in a CF-30MK3. Is there any chance that it is related to the desktop problem I have with Makulu OS?

I have a TuffTech unit in my CF-19MK4. Love it, nice kit.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

kode-niner

#32 Post by kode-niner »

I looked into Navit and couldn't find any way to tweak the speedometer. I'm not even sure if it uses distance-averaging or Doppler to measure speed, but I suspect that it uses the former since the latter is known to be very precise.

On that note I've also noticed the speed and coordinates jumping around on my system.
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#33 Post by mklym »

Okay, that clears up whether it was my GPS unit or the software causing the problem.

I have been on the road for almost a month, trip to Vancouver Island, 6 round trips to Ft. St. John and numerous day trip around Alberta. I have not noticed any change in the speed and/or coordinates Navit displays, I thought it might improve with usage.

Thanks for the update.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”