CF-29MK4 Mint 17 Firefox no run.(SOLVED)

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
mklym

Re: CF-29MK4 Mint 17 Firefox no run.

#21 Post by mklym »

Well, I'll be damned, have been most of my life and will probably be until I turn into dirt. :D

That worked kode. No error messages, hit the surrender button, tapped the FF icon and after a few seconds away it went. :D
Thank you very much. Sincerely.
To make sure it is not a one off, I am going to close out FF and fire it up and see what happens. If I don't post back here right away, that means it is working.

:thumbsup:
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

mklym

Re: CF-29MK4 Mint 17 Firefox no run.

#22 Post by mklym »

UNCNDL1 wrote:Morgan, sorry you are having mintified problems....I also had an issue with 17 on the gun52, finally gave up. Currently flipped for the paid version of Zorin, after trying the free version of Zorin Lite...
http://zorin-os.com/premium.html
BTW, currently running Watt OS (microwatt) on the M-34 Jeff sent me, as well as the CF-28:
http://mylinuxbook.com/wattos-r8-ditche ... of-debian/
I found the download here:
http://www.planetwatt.com/pages/downloads

I'd try the lite version of zorin first, and see if things work better for you.
keep in touch
Cleve
Cleve, thank you for the time and effort you put into your post. Kode-niner figured out the fix and all is right with the mintified Firefox now. Going to stick with SolydX and Mint 17 on the 29. I am going to order a mSATA to IDE adapter, get a couple mSATA ssds 120GB-250GB, reload SolydX and MInt onto the mSATA ssds and all should be good. If I have problems after that, I will probably send you the 29 and run with the 19, 52 and 31. :)
Thanks again Cleve.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

mklym

Re: CF-29MK4 Mint 17 Firefox no run.(SOLVED)

#23 Post by mklym »

Day 2, did updates that were available and FF is still working!

Thanks again kode-niner.

kode-niner

Re: CF-29MK4 Mint 17 Firefox no run.(SOLVED)

#24 Post by kode-niner »

Glad to help. Though, it is unusual that the files had the wrong ownership in the first place.
Daily drives a CF-31

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”