CF-29ETKGDKM/NO SOUND/INTEL PRO WIRELESS ISSUES

Due to overwhelming demand, we have created a forum just dedicated to Toughbook users who use Linux!
UNCNDL1

CF-29ETKGDKM/NO SOUND/INTEL PRO WIRELESS ISSUES

#1 Post by UNCNDL1 »

I had gifted this "last 29" to a neighbor, having put Linux Mint 13 lts on her...did not know that sound did NOT work. Neighbor returned it and bought a CF-30 with gpsr instead...Linux Mint, Lubuntu, Ubuntu, Zorin, etc loaded and worked fine, but sound did NOT work...after talking to Sadlmkr and reading many, many posts, I loaded the factory image XP, and found that the Intel Pro Wireless radio was OFF, and the Sound was Muted...I un-muted the sound and shut down...rebooted with a spare Linux Mint 13 XFCE disk...and voila...sound works just fine thankyou!!
I found several posts in my search for no sound Linux that stated Linux loaded sound Muted. I went into terminal and unmuted things but "no go" for NO sound....At any rate, knowing that these babies are "driver specific", it's important for all to read, read, read all that is there and then try to solve the problem. Thanks to all those posting here, along with Left Coast Jeff, aka Sadlmkr for his thoughts and insights... :pat:

:lauging:
Last edited by UNCNDL1 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

ADOR

Re: CF-29ETKGDKM/NO SOUND/INTEL PRO WIRELESS ISSUES

#2 Post by ADOR »

I remember this being a problem on dual booted computers. I even had to track it down at one time.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

SHEEPMAN!

#3 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Somebody that knows there way around a bit of code could figure out what the recovery disk is telling the mobo to clear/reset the mute item. It happens almost as soon as the install disk (Panasonic Recovery) starts install.
Anyone?
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

UNCNDL1

#4 Post by UNCNDL1 »

If you do not have a factory restore disk and have loaded Linux (mint, ubuntu, etc.) and sound is NOT working, you can try this link:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ad ... chitecture
I followed the troubleshooting and ran "alsamixer" in Terminal. Sure enough, sound was "muted", scrolling across the mixer and pressing the letter "m" will un-mute the channels. You can then increase the slider volume control.
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr

UNCNDL1

Re: CF-29ETKGDKM/NO Intel 82852/8556M graphics Mint16

#5 Post by UNCNDL1 »

I was finalizing this Mint Box and had trouble with video display/resolution in u-tube. This link explains how I solved my problem:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p835000
Enjoy
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr

Return to “The LINUX forum!!!”