Trying out a Getac V100

Post all Getac related things here.
ADOR

Trying out a Getac V100

#1 Post by ADOR »

Well I thought I would try out a Getac to see how there were. First out of the box I looked it over and liked the construction of it. This model is V100 and is comparable to CF-19. They do make the same basic tablet as a V200 and it has a 12" wide screen. I loaded up Windows 7 32bit on it to test drive it. I went to there web site and ran into trouble. You have to have the serial number to get your drivers. I went into bios and no serial number was there. On the bottom is a small white sticker. I got it there. I keep getting a code that mine doesn't exist. So after some more digging I found the below.

In general, The serial numbers of Getac V100, M230, and B300 computers and tablets will reveal the unit's warranty coverage.

Computer systems with serial numbers beginning with "SI8" or "I8" have the following warranty:

4 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty (No KYHD Service purchased)

Computer systems with serial numbers beginning with "R9" have the following warranty:

4 Year No Fault Accidental Coverage Warranty (No KYHD Service purchased)

I changed the I8 prefix on my serial number to a R4 and it worked. Ok, time to load drivers. I see that they have good support of drivers. This model didn't originally come with Windows 7, it had Vista. But they have a full line of drivers on there site XP, Vista and 7. Still loading drivers and tweaking the OS.

I will have a shootout between the Getac and a Mk2 CF-19 soon. (any benchmarks you want run just ask)

I do like the bigger/full size style keyboard, the caddy is made in the same style as the CF-19.

It has vga out, two usb ports side by side, two PCMCIA ports, sd card reader, lan, modem, wlan, 2.0mp camera, serial port, mic and head phone jack, docking connector that is the spitting image of the one used on the CF-19.

I will be loading some games on it tonight to see how well it can take the stress, lol.

Pictures coming soon
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “Getac Talk”