Highest version of Windows I can put on CF-U1?

Post all questions and information about the CF-U1, H1, & H2 in here.
phirephoto

Re: Highest version of Windows I can put on CF-U1?

#11 Post by phirephoto »

ADOR wrote:There is a recovery iso as I have one put up myself, you can order one from heartlands.

Also you can match up other software that may work better. On a H1 I think it was Rob or Toughbook couldn't get very good quality pictures out of it. Then he used a CF-19 Mk5 (I think) software for the camera and got good high resolution shots out of it then.

When I have loaded older toughbooks in the past I have used software from other toughbooks like a dedicated windows 7 hot key driver for that toughbook. Some times when you load it with a generic ISO you have to do that.
Thanks for the info. Still would like to know if anyone has gotten Win 10 running, or am I simply venturing into uncharted territory? :)

So two things came up: 1 one of the batteries says "Plugged in, not charging." I took it out, charged it in the dock, seemed fine. Put it back in, and then said "Charging" when it was in the unit. Ran battery calibration. Again, says not charging. Put it back into the cradle, charged, it again says not charging. Sound like a bad battery?

Camera doesn't appear to work. I ran the Am Cap App, and it says no video capture equipment present. :( I did finally get the driver pack to install, and rebooted.
Related - the camera light switch utility does nothing (doesn't open anything)?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

phirephoto

#12 Post by phirephoto »

I take that back, camera light switch utility turns the light on and off. I had the TF on the table so didn't see the light LOL.

I just assumed it would bring up a utility or something.

ADOR

#13 Post by ADOR »

Uncharted territory on windows 10. But I would google the hardware the Atom and windows 10 then go from there.

Intel® Atom™ processor Z530 (1.6 GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB) embedded

On the main panasonic site I see they have listed a MK1, Mk2, Mk2.5 and a Mk2.6. The Mk2.6 has windows 7 and windows 8 32bit and 64 bit drivers. Maybe some of those 8 drivers will work on 10. Scratch that, I see it's only a bluetooth stack driver not all of them. Windows 7 32 bit is still the newest factory drivers they use.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

phirephoto

#14 Post by phirephoto »

Windows 10 installed without a hitch. Took a while. Made a boot USB drive from the ISO, and did an upgrade install.

It runs, haven't tested full functionality yet.

ADOR

#15 Post by ADOR »

Keep us informed on how well it runs or doesn't run.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

phirephoto

#16 Post by phirephoto »

So far so good (ish).

Error on bootup:
Display output switcher error
Unable to access Display Driver API.

and still webcam doesn't work. Didn't work in Win 7 (non Toshiba Win install). Professional Financial camera in Drivers / Device Manager says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

Tried uninstall and reinstall of drivers...

Return to “CF-U1 / CF-H1 / CF-H2 Ultra Mobile Rugged Talk (Discontinued Models)”